Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello! » Weather in November
Weather in November 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote
amelie
Hello,

I am going out to Meeru on 11th Nov for 2 weeks together with my husband. This is our first visit to the Maldives so I would be grateful for any tips. We are flying out with Thomson from Gatwick and we are having a Beach Bungalow at Meeru. I have heard good things about the north side of the island, should I try requesting a villa on that side?

It seems to rain a lot at the moment, does anyone know how the weather usually is at the end of Nov?

It would be great to hear from people that are going out around the same time Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
thesidmouth2
We last went for the first two weeks of November and they were wall to wall sunshine. Was really really calm the first week. It then got a bit breezy, but the breeze is so nice.

Might see you out there as we arrive in the 1st for 2 weeks. 5 more working days to go. Bliss!

Linda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
amelie wrote:
Hello,
I am going out to Meeru on 11th Nov for 2 weeks together with my husband. This is our first visit to the Maldives so I would be grateful for any tips. We are flying out with Thomson from Gatwick and we are having a Beach Bungalow at Meeru. I have heard good things about the north side of the island, should I try requesting a villa on that side?

It seems to rain a lot at the moment, does anyone know how the weather usually is at the end of Nov?

Hi amelie & welcome to the forum Very Happy

Your heading to great place and I'm sure the Maldives will capture your heart and you will yearn to return.

Statistically mid November should start to become quite dry as the climate changes from the southwest monsoon (wetter) to the northeast monsoon (dryer) but still expect some hard showers & maybe some prolonged rain with hopefully plenty of hot sun too.

We have stayed in BV on our last visit and we enjoyed the location of the low 200 villa's. Worth pointing out that the BV are either the 200's or 400's and as you can see on the map of Meeru (sticky) not really North as such but the high 400's are the furthest (North East).

You can request an area (not guaranteed) but a BV will not get you the North Maalan restaurant for dining if the adults company is what you desire. You will be allocated the Farivalhu restaurant which is designated for family's but equally good and has the same menu each night. Nothing stopping you of course from spending many evenings up at the adults only bar (Uthuru) away from the entertainment in the Kakuni bar.

I'm sure you will love whatever villa you are allocated, so go and enjoy Smile

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote
amelie
Thank you very much for your help Casey and Linda Smile I will wait and see what BV they allocate us but I am sure that all of them are nice! As for the weather, a bit of rain everyday is ok as long as its mostly sunny so I will keep my fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:44 pm Reply with quote
willowscj
We arrive on 16th. I have seen the forecast too & was slightly concerned. Hopefully it will be better when we get there. Might see you around.
Weather in November 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello!