Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Diving and Snorkelling » Meeru vs Kuredu
Meeru vs Kuredu 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote
JW
Hi All,

Me and my fianceè will be going to the Maldives in March/April next year for our honeymoon.

I have narrowed my options down to Meeru and Kuredu.

Could any of you please give me some pointers on which one to choose and why?

Having not been there previously, I can only judge by the pics on google images...and obviously they all look like paradise!

We are keen snorkellers/freedivers, so a lot of time will be spent in the water.

Which one of the two will provide the best (most luxurious/comfortable) accommodation?

Your experience/advice will be greatly valued!

Thank you,
J.W.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:00 am Reply with quote
AlisonD
Hi JW and welcome to the forum.

Last year we went to Meeru for our third visit and we also had a week in Kuredu for the first time.

In my opinion the best snorkeling/diving was Kuredu, but by far the best accommodation is Meeru. In fact, we prefer Meeru hands down for everything in terms of service, facilities, rooms, food and overall holiday experience.

While the snorkeling was immense in Kuredu - off the beach or at the end of the jetty at the drop off, there are also fantastic snorkeling/diving trips to do while on Meeru as the main difference between the two islands in that respect is that the house reef at Meeru is a short boat ride away and not accessible from the beach.

I probably haven't been much help at all but please feel free to ask more or pm me. You could also have a look at our photos from both and that may help in your decision -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnalison/

plus have a look here

http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10421

as this may help also

Good luck
Alison Very Happy

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Colin & Jenny
I'm going to suggest something different...

I've been to Meeru and although I would go back tomorrow it is not great for snorkling off the beech, to shallow, and the house reef is poor. The diving trips are however great!

Last year we went to Bandos, you can see Male on the Horizon(!), and it has superb diving and snorkelling off the beech. From reading and research it is one of the best dive sites globally and many nature films have been made there including Blue Peter! The reef is all the way round the island and goes to down to 30m ish... Where you will see everything you can imagine. There are a lot of [harmless] large sharks around that come close to the beech so if you don'y like sharks... Sharks on Meeru were tiny as it is shallow round the island...

Accomodation wise we found Bandos better then Meeru with more facilites on offer but as the islands are always upgrading it is not something to quibble about as both are superb...

My uncle is a keen diver and has recently been to Kuredu and loved it.

Hope my ramblings have helped.

Cheers

Embudu July 2015
Vilamendhoo July 2016
Meeru vs Kuredu 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Diving and Snorkelling