Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Photography » Card Reader Goto page Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Shazo1
I have taken the bull by the horns so to speak, and purchased from Amazon 6 x 4gb cards @ 2.65 each (Transcend SDHC), we have 3 further cards between us (Daughter and I, 2 x 8gb & 1 x 16gb), I think we have sufficient between us now.

And in hindsight, you have a good idea there Lee, if I dont manage to take my laptop, I shall utlize the card more than once, but on a different day, so we can mix and match between the Cameras, so at least we have a mix of pics on each card.

The only downside is, we will have to keep the date imprinted on the photo, I actually am not a lover of that, but i`ll live with it, once home, and i crop and have a play, I can get rid of that.

AHA Just realised I dont need to do that, because Picasa that I use to store my photos tells me what date they have been taken anyway........RESULT Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:44 pm Reply with quote
1ee
Shazo1 wrote:

AHA Just realised I dont need to do that, because Picasa that I use to store my photos tells me what date they have been taken anyway........RESULT Laughing

Even if you didn't use Picasa, this is a basic function of Windows folders (assuming you use Windows, although I'm sure Mac OS has the same functionality).

Exclamation TIP Exclamation - check the time/date on your cameras are set correctly before you leave. Then when you get home, dump all the photos in one folder and sort them by date taken using the tabs at the top of the folder, hey presto, they're all in the order you took them.

I always forget to change the time on my cameras to the correct time zone and it then becomes part of my already long work flow when I get home.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Shazo1
1ee wrote:

Even if you didn't use Picasa, this is a basic function of Windows folders (assuming you use Windows, although I'm sure Mac OS has the same functionality).

Exclamation TIP Exclamation - check the time/date on your cameras are set correctly before you leave. Then when you get home, dump all the photos in one folder and sort them by date taken using the tabs at the top of the folder, hey presto, they're all in the order you took them.

I always forget to change the time on my cameras to the correct time zone and it then becomes part of my already long work flow when I get home.

Its because I never use Windows to view my photos, so I wouldnt know I just open it up automatically in Picasa now, but I will definately make sure I do a sort, and get them in order, also yes I will hopefully remember to change date and time, probably set a reminder in my phone.