Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » HJ 's live mini-report #5 (direct from Meeru)
HJ 's live mini-report #5 (direct from Meeru) 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Coming at you once more live from 525 but advance warning - sorry, but NO photos this time. This is because just sometimes you have to put down the camera and taste the iced coffees and believe me I've...erm..."quality control tested" a whole bunch of them on your behalf already. It's a duty I'm willing to shoulder for the wider community Wink.

Firstly, this morning - on the weather front - there was in the distance what looked like a bit of cloud raining in to the sea at breakfast. Gasp. Actual rain? But it came nowhere near the island and we were soon back to the usual huge big blue skies with little odd clouds.

So the powerful heat continues. And I do mean heat Shocked. The infinite pool water is so very warm you almost wish they'd float out a couple of ice sculptures to cool it down! That would be fun too, you could park and keep drinks cool on a floating ice swan for example Laughing.

Glad to see that there is a lot more shady zone around the infinity pool (a.k.a. Pavillion Pool) than when we were here last. You forget how fast plants grow in the tropics. The planned planting has had the desired effect, even when the Sun hits the top of the sky there's still plenty of cool places to linger around the water.

Sharon and Simon are off to the Wok tonight once again - they should issue a loyalty card to them, they are such fans !- but we're going to stay with the normal restaurant for tonight (Friday) is Maldivian Night foodwise there.

I know Sams will have arrived here by now but we've yet to spot each other.

Finally, I was thinking last night about some of the things that make this place so special. In no particular order of anything here are just a few of them:

- The way our Asian Wok waiter kept spooning new ice into our drinks the other night as cubes melted
- The jewel like dragonflies that come to look at you and dance about you in the pool
- The Full Moon banquet. The whole atmosphere there, which is beautifully underpinned by a great melodic live band. Great repertoire they have but when they did Robbie's Angels or Travis's Sing then Pam and I just dissolved into dream world. Magic memories are made of such moments.
- Following on from the above, the Astronomer in me was delighted to see the Moon had Jupiter as a bright companion underneath it...a bonus planet on top of all else.

My Pam's off to her Reflexology at the Overwater Spa as I type this. She's had a series of these already. Remember for some treatments you can currently get a 14% discount if you book three in advance, a discount you can roll forward if you go for additional ones.

Just past half way through the hols now but more updates soon (photos too, if I can summon up the energy!).

Keep watching this space...Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
mufc
Im sat in work reading this and feel im actually unable to wait and board the plane tomorrow, Meeru here we come haha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Pamela
James

Ive said it before and i will say it again, you have such a wonderful way of describing things, so elequant ( ive probably spelled that wrong !) and imaginative..

I adore reading your mini trip reports, what a great idea to do them in shifts so to speak rather that a big one at the end..

Keep them coming, photos or no photos, Im a huge fan

Pamela x

www.babysigners.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote
LittleAlex
thanks again for taking us along... wish we could go back there... well, we just have to keep reading your reports!!! thanks sooo much!!! and would sure love pics Smile Smile

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Meeru Dreamer
Loved reading your Report # 5.

The weather sounds glorious and the Iced coffees sound very appealing. Would love to be sitting with one now, looking out at the far ocean.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Ann & Forbes
HJ, you coud sell snow to an eskimo or sand to an arab! You are making a lot of people very happy with your amazing photos and humerous reports!! Sounds like you & Pam are having a wonderful time, thank you for sharing!

A & F

[/url]
Meeru February 2011, 2012 & 2014,
Komandoo October 2016 & 2017
Komandoo December 2018
ice 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:00 am Reply with quote
roger
Jim , thanks for the updates, I have a question for you. Whenever we go abroad whether its Europe, US or wherever we always stay clear of the ice, you have been taste testing the iced coffees (expertly by the sound of it). How do they make there ice there ?.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:05 am Reply with quote
1983_Sarah
Thanks for the updates HJ loving reading them and seeing all the photos!

Meeru May 2005
Meeru June 2009
Meeru 2010
Vilamendhoo 2011
Re: ice 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:04 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
roger wrote:
Jim , thanks for the updates, I have a question for you. Whenever we go abroad whether its Europe, US or wherever we always stay clear of the ice, you have been taste testing the iced coffees (expertly by the sound of it). How do they make there ice there ?.

I believe the ice here is created from water that is the the same stuff as the bottled water, only for bulk ice making purposes it's delivered to the island in special kegs so it's as safe as you could wish for and there's no need to avoid.

On this subject I'll bet they'll be working hard to keep the supply of ice going today.

Today at the Pavillion Bar a temperature of 41 degrees has been reported Cool.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quote
Tropical Sam
mmm! Iced coffee with rum.

Glad you are making sure they are keeping the quality up!

Make sure you test at least one in each bar though! Wink

Sam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:48 pm Reply with quote
sams
Live from 527..I finally plucked up the courage to say hi to HJ tonight, as we both had cameras in hand to capture another beautiful sunset. Weather is fantastic...Meeru as petfect as ever, and those iced coffees mmmmmmmmmm Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:49 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
A real pleasure to make your acquaintance, Sams.
HJ 's live mini-report #5 (direct from Meeru) 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports