Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » HJ and Pam's Photo Postscript Trip Report..
HJ and Pam's Photo Postscript Trip Report.. 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Having reported semi-live from Meeru a little while back, here's a few more pictures from our Meeru Jan / Feb trip to round off.

All ones not previously posted...with no apologies for randomness of subject matter Laughing.

In all cases click on photos for increased largeness.

The Half-Man-In-the-Wood, below, can be found near the 200s if you look hard for a certain tree and look on it at a particular angle, otherwise it just looks like a half-weathered tree trunk.

But then again you might not want to find him...he's a bit spooky looking to our eyes Smile.

Anyhow, hope you like the rest of these...which are broadly self-explanatory.

Note: You can access full size (i.e. original massive) versions of the above at my Flickr photostream which is accessible off the link below and contains >1000 photos (vast majority to do with Meeru /Maldives).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76012233@N00/

VIDEO SHOWTIME NOW

This is a short film of me & my first encounter ever with a turtle..many thanks to our friends Sandra and Holger for giving me this video.

http://vimeo.com/36604563

...and these two clips below are the video footage I was gathering at the time on my little Canon D10 camera.

http://vimeo.com/36604711
http://vimeo.com/36605316

PEOPLE

Met lots of forum peeps on the island. We flew out with Steve and Pamela, Tony - who we discovered on the cruise was an ace magician - and Eleanor and either found or were discovered by Leanne Clark and Paul, Karyn and Roy, RickC and Linda, Loobieloo, Ginny...the list was long and delightful with it.

We also really enjoyed the company of non-forum members Sandra (video lady!) and Holger - who we initially met on the cruise - who were on honeymoon away from a very cold Germany. Pam also got to know the amazing Iris also from Germany (and who kindly gave us some posh liquorice too).

As ever Meeru's staff did us proud. Top marks to Walter, Solah, Moosa and all those many who you don't see working behind the scenes for guests' benefit and comfort. It was great to run into our old friend Rasheed too and see Ali Adam again as well.

A special mention for the Spa. The girls there deliver superb service too. It's quite in order by the way to tip them if you want to. My Pam wanted me to mention this as she's pretty sure that many people aren't aware that you could if you wanted to.

Still Meeru dreaming after all these years

HJ and Pam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Pamela
Hi James

Your photos just keep getting better, stunning salut

Ive well got the Meeru blues. There should be a 'Meeru Anonymous'
for people like me . Your photos are a great tonic for my addiction Very Happy

Love to you both

Pamela x

www.babysigners.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
stewart&julie
Thanks HJ, loving the photos and videos. Where were you snorkelling when you met the turtle? We saw one on our visit last July between the 700's and spa, but he moved and dissappeared so fast we hardly had time to focus! Was it on the cruise?

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
rickc
Cheers for the latest photos etc HJ, or can I say James. It was indeed a pleasure to meet 'royalty', ie you and Pam, at last putting faces to names, as it was, also, in respect of other forum members out there at the same time. There were so many. And I can safely say me and the Mrs are 'all dangled out' having consumed so many iced coffees and glasses of rose, etc at the Wok. One things for sure, we will go back, yet again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote
karyn
Superb photos and videos HJ - thanks as always for sharing them. Meeting other forum members including yourself and Pam was an absolute pleasure.

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
Top notch photos as always HJ. Just goes to show that if you look outside the box, photography subject matter is there waiting to be snapped.

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quote
sams
Beautiful photos as always HJ
Lovely to have your first meeting with a turtle on video Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quote
t2truth
Hi James,

Yet again captivating. When are you next going back? I cant wait for the next pictures Laughing Laughing

My new mission is to find the half man in the tree.........intriguing but as you said quite spooky!!

I am so glad you did the glass bottom boat, another tick in the box eh? Is there anything else left? Wink

Thanks again, your pictures are always so amazing!

Hopefully bump into you in the hot rock pool again one year. Very Happy Very Happy

Lynda

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
It was really fun to meet so many forum members, must have been in record territory! Speaking of which I heard that in the past few weeks there was a period when Meeru had over 100 repeat guests on the island at once. Many of those of course on more than their first return visit. Quite astonishing.

stewart&julie wrote:
Thanks HJ, loving the photos and videos. Where were you snorkelling when you met the turtle? We saw one on our visit last July between the 700's and spa, but he moved and dissappeared so fast we hardly had time to focus! Was it on the cruise?

I was snorkelling off an island we paused at during the cruise. Not Kagi, which was our next stop (though I'm aware that turtles sometimes crop up there too), but somewhere not far from where we met mantas earlier on.

t2truth wrote:
... When are you next going back?

We'll be back in early October, Lynda. Flying out of Manchester but this time with Etihad and swapping planes at Abu Dhabi, which will be a first for us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:16 pm Reply with quote
mphoto
your pics are awesome. I'll try hard to keep up Wink))

sounbouces are already packed Wink

HJ and Pam's Photo Postscript Trip Report.. 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports