Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » First time visitors report.
First time visitors report. 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
tony.k
Hello all Meeru fan,
firstly I would like apologize for my English Embarassed (I am from SK) but I have feeling that I have to write here some experience from our first visit at Meeru which takes 10 days.
We flew with Emirates from Vienna (Feb. 22nd.) via Dubai to Male with really high standards of all servicies, at Male airport we had to wait for next fly approx. 45 minutes and then we easily reached Meeru with speedboat within 1 hour. Arrival to island was amazing for first time visitors - white sand, palms around, really quiet atmosphere. Whole registation procedure has run very smothly and we were at our JWV 309 within quarter of hour. JVW in general - fabulous, nice space inside, huge terrace outside with direct access to sea and jacuzzi area behind the villa, minibar available and Pavilion bar a few steps from room door ... what more we would like to have...
It is absolutely not comparable with noisy hotels resorts e.g. in Turkey,Greece islands or Mallorca whole area looks like still is waiting for last 50% of visitors, no overcrowded area at island at all. During our walk around the island we have meet somebody really randomly.
We have enjoed all bars the island during our everyday walk around, Asian wok with amazing view during sunshine, Dhoni bar at the night with changing light colour of bar table. Sunshine at Maledives, some music, ice caffe + cup of whisky.. what more is neccessary... Laughing

Snorkeling - unforgettable part of our Meeru holiday. We have started (my wifeīs premiere) near by 300īs villas, we have meet there firts time big local stingray Shocked and after trial there we were 3 times at House reef. Shortly - like in aquarium, I have made approx. 500 fotos from snorkeling ...
Sunshine punch trip - sunshine from sea nice but doplhins "hunting" with speedboats I personally hate. Confused
We had participate on Dhifushi excursion for one afternoon - there we have seen a real life at Maledives people, really big contrast between resort like Meeru and close neighbour island.
An excelent points from out stay - unexpected arangement of room in day of my birthday + fruits and small cake to room done by hotel management and the similar flower arrangement of table at dinner done by our waiter on base of my wife request.
And a the end departure from island really simply a perfect organized, one monitor with info for all, no for each travel agency separate, everthing without any delay.

We have considered our fist visit as really impresive, we have taken really rest as never before within that short time frame.
In general as fist time visitor we have to say: visit of Meeru is adictive.
We didnīt sort out pictures which we made there but we already discuss when we would come back.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
sams
Great trip report, sounds like you had a lovely holiday.
I have to agree the Maldives are addictive Smile
Thank you for taking the time to share your time on Meeru with us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Thank you tony.k for your trip report. I really enjoyed hearing about how much you enjoyed Meeru.

Your English is very good and all your words were much appreciated Very Happy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Ann & Forbes
Hi Tony.k
your trip report made me smile, a very big smile Very Happy Just so refreshing to get your take on Meeru, really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and so glad you had a lovely holiday!

A & F

[/url]
Meeru February 2011, 2012 & 2014,
Komandoo October 2016 & 2017
Komandoo December 2018

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Meeru Dreamer
Hello Tony K,
It was so nice to read your trip report. Pleased to know that you had a good stay on Meeru.
Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Nice one

Thanks for taking the time to complete this

steve
First time visitors report. 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports