Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Jill & Andrews 2nd wonderful visit
Jill & Andrews 2nd wonderful visit 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
JillyBean
Hi everyone,
Well here goes...... Hubby and me flew from Heathrow with Emirates on the fab A380 (so much roomier) into Dubai with just over 3 hr layover. Time went really quickly, Dubai into Male completed and before we knew it the sight of the Asian Wok came into view. Perfect.
Greeted by rep from Hayes and Jarvis Guy who was lovely and Walter from management and given key to room 522. Oh so perfect water villa and high 500's as previously requested via email.
Weather apparently hadn't been so good previous couple of days but we arrived on July 9th and from moment we arrived only had daytime rain of approx 3mins (didn't even bother to stop snorkelling) altogether although it did rain during night time....so once again just perfect.
Glorious sunshine and hot but quite humid.
Once again had Hassan as our waiter and he again ribbed my hubby mercilessly about sheep etc (sorry we're Welsh). He is such a lovely guy with a great sense of humour.
Our days quickly fell back into the swing of our first visit.....breakfast, snorkelling until mid pm then the lovely infinity pool for spot of sun bathing and toastie as didn't bother with lunch in Malaan. A gorgeous iced coffee for two in the pool then a final swim in the sea by our water villa. Enjoyed the repeaters evening and lovely to meet some of the management team for a chat and also to watch the talented guy carving the fruit sculptures.
Really didn't want to leave.........think we may have seen a few people from the forum but didn't like to approach as both quite shy.
Very impressed that even though it was only hubby and me leaving when we did, they opened up and cooked breakfast at 6.30 in the Farivalhu and Hassan came and served us......really we would have been happy with some fruit and bread.... Just made us still feel really special and that the staff really like to look after you. Came home on 17th and have already tried to price up for next year. Oh why did we have to find somewhere so special that was so expensive...albeit it very worth it, so back to work for us both tomorrow to start earning Meeru tokens for next year!
First time I have ever written a report like this so I hope it helps with the excitement everyone x
Jilly
Crying or Very sad Sad

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:03 am Reply with quote
debandmark
Hi,

Thanks for posting, a good read this morning eating my porridge, dreaming of Meeru!

It is addictive though I agree, we keep booking, when sometimes we shouldn't, but in all honesty, there's a lot I (and i'm sure many reading) would give up just to get there!!

We go in 13weeks, in the October half term...am already eyeing up the suitcases as we can't wait!!!

Hope you manage to book again soon.

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Ann & Forbes
Hi Jilly
Thank you for sharing your 2nd trip to Meeru with us, sounds as if you had a fabulous time. Do know what you mean though, Meeru is very special ....just wish the prices didn't need to go up as much as they have every year! We can only afford to go every 2nd year.........but not too long to wait now Very Happy

Hope your first day back at work was not toooo taxing Smile

Ann

[/url]
Meeru February 2011, 2012 & 2014,
Komandoo October 2016 & 2017
Komandoo December 2018
Jill & Andrews 2nd wonderful visit 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports