Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world! » What are your top 3 holidays
What are your top 3 holidays 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
dinodisc
We have booked Meeru so hopefully this will make it to number one but of the holidays we have had which have always been on a pretty tight budget are as follows.

3) BLUE CRUISE TURKEY
One of our best holidays was also the cheapest , whilst looking for a cruise liner holiday we saw a gullet cruise which was 200 pp full board. Without very much thought we just booked it and I must admit we didn't really expect very much for what we had paid. Before we went we decided if it wasn't very good we would just book into a hotel for the week.
The Gullet was huge and our cabin had a nice double bed and bathroom , the cabin had plenty of storage and was much more spacious and comfortable than I could have imagined. In the cabin you have a little porthole and can hear the sea lapping up against the side of the boat it was so peaceful and relaxing. We set off from Marmaris and spent a full week cruising the beautiful coast line away from the real world.
There were 6 couples on the boat including ourselves and everyone got on so well but if you wanted to get away on your own then the boat was big enough to find a quiet spot. Another worry we had was the food but we needn't have as the food was fresh and tasty , barbecued chicken , fish plenty of salad and fresh bread. The boat had its own crew and chef and they were always friendly and happy to help.
The gullet cruise is a perfect holiday for relaxing with little to do except sunbathe , read , snorkel and once moored somewhere picturesque get the kayak out or do a spot of fishing. We had a few stops to various little towns so the crew could get fresh supplys and we could spend the day doing a bit of exploring / shopping. For what we paid it was an unbelievable holiday but I do tink we got a great deal as some on the boat had paid around 600 but I would still say even that would have been well worth it for what we got.
The drinks were extra although you did get a few cups of tea throughout the day but the drinks were very reasonable with a bottle of water costing about 50p and a beer 2. I would love to do another and beginning of the year around may and end around sept the weather is still good and the better deals are to be had.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Mark Jones
My top three holidays... A tough one.

We have fallen in love with Cornwall in recent years and I just have to go there, we love it.

Meeru is up there, Diane and I had a long conversation today about revisiting sometime in the future.

This year we went to New York and I absolutely loved it and would love to return.

This year we also discovered a beautiful Farmhouse in the Charante, France. I was hooked on the place the minute we arrived.

www.leschauvins.me.uk

OK I know that's four but I can't choose just three. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
sams
3 Highlands of Scotland

2 The south of France, Nice and Monaco in particular

1 Maldives, Meeru is our favourite Island so far, but
going to Vilamendhoo next year and hope it is just as fantastic Nemo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quote
karyn
3) Kalkan in Turkey. We've been for the last couple of years and will be returning again next year - beautiful place, fabulous restaurants, friendly people.

2) Watamu in Kenya. We've been more times than I can remember. We got married there so it will always be a special place to us and we love to go on safari.

1) Meeru. No explanation required! Very Happy

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
soobs
1. Meeru
2. Noosa beach Oz
3. Hong Kong

Last few hols have been cruises very nice but not the above but suit the budget, Meeru is over budget for us at the moment

[/url]
What are your top 3 holidays 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world!