Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Embudu Trip Report
Embudu Trip Report 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Colin & Jenny
We have travelled to Maldives as a family a few times and this year could not afford to spend our usual amount. We had 2 weeks for 3,200 with travel bag at full board, which for 2015 I thought was very good.

The island is beautiful and while it isn't anywhere near as amazing as Bandos or Meeru it does offer very amazing value for money!!!! The food is of a very good standard and the accommodation is very good.

The island is working on renovation of some rooms, and the room (32) we stayed in was always clean and tidy and modern in design.

Savings are made because there is no pool, you have to bring your own beach towels, and there are some areas that require attention ie broken sunbeds or sunbeds require a good clean, though I am sure that the replacement and renewal of the beds is perhaps an area the hotel may address. I would recommend bringing your own blow up lie low to put on top of the sun beds if you are a clean freak like me, plus it's way more comfie.

On the positive side though the snorkelling is far better than any of the more expensive islands we have so far visited, and the staff were all very nice, especially the bar/restaurant staff who are amazingly friendly and lovely with the kids. Though I have to say that we have never had a bad experience with staff in the Maldives, it feels so safe and friendly.

Yes it was a shame there wasn't a pool and the beach area was therefore busier, but again you can't knock it for the price paid.

I would always recommend Embudu to anyone going to the Maldives, but remember to 1) bring blow up sun beds 2) beach towels 3) good quality snorkel mask and fins. Don't bring shoes, just one pair of flip flops will do - you really won't wear the shoes.

I would also add that the cost of bottled water on this island is also far more realistic and ensured our room bill wasn't astronomical eat the end of the trip (we don't tend to drink alcohol) but our room bill for a around 30 diet cokes, all of our water and a few other beverages was about 250, which for the Maldives is nothing! And that included around 25 on a book and some other items from the gift shop, canoeing and some internet use.

The only downside is the travel is a nightmare at the moment with no direct flights, we had a long stop over on the return in Dubai and thought it worthwhile to book the Dubai airport hotel, it was worth every penny just for a few hours sleep and an nice shower.

Stayed July 2015, travelled with family

Embudu July 2015
Vilamendhoo July 2016

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
Thanks for posting. It's always nice to hear about other islands, We are always on the lookout for trying somewhere new so it's good to read other people's experiences.

Was there any nightlife on the island? Our two children are 9 and 12, so like to have a bit of a dance at the disco....can't say it's something we get a chance to do at home!!!

Deb

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Colin & Jenny
Hi,

Yeah, really good weekly disco, magic show & divers night (slide show).

Cheers

Embudu July 2015
Vilamendhoo July 2016
Embudu Trip Report 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports