Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Still Pinching Ourselves!
Still Pinching Ourselves! 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:07 am Reply with quote
angeandpaul
We shouldn't actually be here!

We were due to fly to Dubai and then Bali on the 9th November, when we got a call from Emirates to say they couldn't fly us into Bali because of the ash cloud. This was at 11am as we were due to fly at 8.25 that evening. They listed some alternatives we could change our destination to too, so having been here in 2010, this was my one sure place I knew what I'd be getting! I quickly jumped onto the Meeru website and booked us a Beach Villa, rang Emirates back and got them to change our flight.

We've not looked back!

We've have literally spent the last 10 days pinching ourselves, saying, are we really here again?

When we came in 2010, we stayed in a JWV, and had 9 nights there, then we're very lucky to experience 5 days on Veligandu due to the overbooking.

I have to say, we've been totally happy with our beach Villa this time around and have loved the closeness to the ocean and all the facilities!

We've also done loads more activities this time around, the first couple of days were a little hit and miss with the weather, so we hit the spa, I had a golf lesson on the driving range, and we also played pitch and put. We've also done the introductory dive with the dive school, an amazing experience.

We're really impressed with the changes which have gone on here since we were last here too, great to see that although the prices have definitely gone up, they are reinvesting constantly in the island.

I love the new Dhoni bar, I think we only went in there once last time, but have spent many a night in there, beautiful setting for fantastic sunsets, brilliantly taken care of by the wonderful Saeed. Can't fault the staff anywhere!

We've done Hot Rocks, and the Repeaters cocktails and are off to the Asian wok tonight, which will be our last night, sob, but will make the most of our days today and tomorrow.

I'm definitely one of these people who say you shouldn't go back to one of the places you have already visited as there are so many beautiful places in the world to go and see, and I want to tick as many of those off as I can, but nature brought us here again, so although I do want to try different places, you can guess what still sits proudly at the top of my list!

Wherever we go, we will always compare it to Meeru!

Until the next time....

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Jen
Oh my that's certainly going to be a story you will tell time and time again. Glad you had already experienced Meeru so you knew to jump at the chance to go back....and not be disappointed. Sounds like you've had a brilliant time again....you'll be back again I'm sure.

Thanks for taking time out to report back to us. Excitement gone up a notch again now.....only 10 days to go till we are back ..eek !

Jen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:34 am Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
What a brill report. The opening line is like something from a classic novel. Really pleased you had a great time and many thanks for taking the time post
Jo

Still Pinching Ourselves! 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports