Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world! » Vilamendhoo Forum
Vilamendhoo Forum 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Lisa&Scott
Hello!! We were on Meeru in February and had thee most amazing time of our lives. As someone said on this forum "your holidays are about to get a lot more expensive" We have to agree and have now got the bug.
Unfortunately we wont be returning in February 2017 as we are booked for Mauritius, although it just isn't giving me the excitement that Meeru gave me when we booked up.
We plan on trying Vilamendhoo next time around as i dont really like to visit the same place twice. I'm just a little bit afraid Vila wont live up to Meeru. Can anyone reassure me.
Also is there a forum for Vila like this one? I found this forum excellent in the run up to Meeru and would like to see what peoples experiences etc are like.
Thank you. Laughing salut

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:38 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Hiya
There's no forum as far as I'm aware but there is plenty of Vila chat on this site. There have been several trip reports - we posted one after our trip in October and included photos - Iassume you've read them. I found the island VERY similar to Meeru but smaller. We really enjoyed and would definitely go back. I'm assured by many people that Vila has the best house reef in the Maldives. When they say house reef they literally mean almost as soon as you enter the water. No boat trip, just a couple of yards and you're swimming over some serious coral with loads of fish and a drop off which reveals some bigger creatures. I found this part of our trip truly amazing and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Here's a link to our trip report....

http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15150

Jo

Last edited by JoanneLorna on Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
There was an official forum a few years back on the Vilamendhoo website (the same as there was one on the Meeru official website). Had many a good argument on there back in the day and was moderated by the staff who would reply to any questions. It was quite busy around the reopening time of Vila after the refurb, but sadly slowly went into decline and was removed along with the official Meeru one when there respective new websites were launched.

Yes Vila is indeed a mini Meeru, fantastic house reef, beaches a bit narrow in places but are good at either end of the island. Not our favourite as we found the density of the villas to much for our liking for such a smaller island, but very well worth a visit. The snorkelling alone will blow your mind.

My review is from back in 2011 not long after the refurb but has some links to some photos and video.

http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13559

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Janster
Lisa,

Where are you going in Maurtius?

We honeymooned there in 2006 and were really disappointed, we stayed in the south of the island. We decided to give it another go last year and stayed at the Lux Grande Gaube in the north of the Island. Whilst it's not the Maldives and doesn't pretend to be we had an amazing time and the staff at the resort could not do enough to make our holiday fantastic. Better service even than dare I say Meeru ( and I love Meeru, it holds a special place in my heart and it's the only hotel/resort we have returned to again and again) so get excited about it cos it really is a lovely place. It's just not Meeru.

Jan x
Vilamendhoo Forum 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world!