Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Important news about Watersports... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:18 am Reply with quote
keith&nicky
Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 332
Location: Harlow
This was one of the places in the world I never thought I'd see a jet ski I love the things but I don't think they belong here but I suppose time will tell, we return in May 2017 & hopefully enough fuss would have been made that they are removed from the island.

In saying this it's about supply & demand, if there's e bough people to hire them out they obviously will remain there, I for one will not use them.

Joanne in regards to your comments I used to like sitting there with a beer or ten & watch the seaplane land & take off again & with the speed boat I put up with the smell as it was a necessity to get to the island.

Here's hoping that this doesn't ruin everyone's experience of Meeru.

Keith

_________________
com/]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:29 am Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 326
When there are not enough repeaters to hold the cocktail party because people have voted with their feet then perhaps the message will get through, but then at those sort of prices I cant see them being in constant use either, but time will tell, I look forward to the reports over the next few months.

Ian

_________________

View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
Brucebear
Joined: 22 Jan 2014
Posts: 195
We are arriving on the 21st November we will post our views on here about the new water sports. Personally I do not want to see or hear jet skis or banana boat rides on Meeru at all. I want to hear very little noise other than the waves on the beach and the occasional mail boat coming in and going.
We have booked for next August and paid for the flights but if we find it is too noisy and distracting we will look for another island to go to next year. (I can't believe I am typing this ) Meeru is so very special and the mix of nature and actities is just right for the environment. I hope that the Meeru management team monitor the forum and can get a feel about how repeaters think about the water sports planned.

I guess there has been request for a change to the water sports and maybe I am in the minority group that feels they should look at other ideas.

Grumble over.

_________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Mike&Tracy
Joined: 10 Apr 2016
Posts: 41
I honestly do not think Management have thought this through at all !

This could be seriously damaging for their business.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
ivorfatarse
Joined: 12 Oct 2006
Posts: 795
Bring back ocean pro.

_________________

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
Joined: 27 Dec 2010
Posts: 601
Totally against the water sport changes, the jet ski's going out from Diffushi nearly drove me to distraction when trying to have a sunset dangle! That said the prices for the water sports are so expensive I do wonder how often they will be in use. I have read on tripadviser and heard so many people comment on not going to the Wok as it's not in the AI package etc etc, I remember also someone not having an orange juice as it wasn't included even though from memory she really wanted one! So although I'm concerned about the water sports, I'm happy to wait and see...

Deb

_________________
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:28 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 511
Location: stafford
Debs point about costs is an important one. So many people won't use the wok because of the extra cost-even though it's the best restaurant in the world (my hubbies words). How many people won't use the water sports??

Even the free things are often not used. Meeru heat and humidity usually minimises most activity. How many things have we all never got round to?

_________________

View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Mark Jones
Joined: 14 Jun 2005
Posts: 3552
keith&nicky wrote:
This was one of the places in the world I never thought I'd see a jet ski I love the things but I don't think they belong here but I suppose time will tell, we return in May 2017 & hopefully enough fuss would have been made that they are removed from the island.

In saying this it's about supply & demand, if there's e bough people to hire them out they obviously will remain there, I for one will not use them.

Joanne in regards to your comments I used to like sitting there with a beer or ten & watch the seaplane land & take off again & with the speed boat I put up with the smell as it was a necessity to get to the island.

Here's hoping that this doesn't ruin everyone's experience of Meeru.

Keith


Hello buddy...... Jet skis & Banana boats?

Lots of changes have taken place since I was last on here...

_________________
www.mywildcampingadventures.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:20 pm Reply with quote
keith&nicky
Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 332
Location: Harlow
Mark

Yes a lot of changes for me too, I'm hoping I don't see the jet skis being used as I still do not think that this is the right place for them.

Oh how do I do that thing you've done In Replying where it brings my reply up?

Been on here for years & still learning lol.

Still reckon you & Diane should get a late flight out buddy though.

Keith

_________________
com/]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:40 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
Joined: 28 Jun 2007
Posts: 1411
Location: GLASGOW
JoanneLorna wrote:
Debs point about costs is an important one. So many people won't use the wok because of the extra cost-even though it's the best restaurant in the world (my hubbies words). How many people won't use the water sports??

Even the free things are often not used. Meeru heat and humidity usually minimises most activity. How many things have we all never got round to?


I still wanted to do the submarine trip Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]


Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, October 2017???
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:49 am Reply with quote
Daniel.martin
Joined: 06 Aug 2016
Posts: 18
keith&nicky wrote:
Mark

Yes a lot of changes for me too, I'm hoping I don't see the jet skis being used as I still do not think that this is the right place for them.

Oh how do I do that thing you've done In Replying where it brings my reply up?

Been on here for years & still learning lol.

Still reckon you & Diane should get a late flight out buddy though.

Keith


Hi keith

Hit the quote button in the top right of the post that you want quote
It will then automatically put that post in your reply, you just then type under the post

Dan
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:30 pm Reply with quote
keith&nicky
Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 332
Location: Harlow
Daniel.martin wrote:
keith&nicky wrote:
Mark

Yes a lot of changes for me too, I'm hoping I don't see the jet skis being used as I still do not think that this is the right place for them.

Oh how do I do that thing you've done In Replying where it brings my reply up?

Been on here for years & still learning lol.

Still reckon you & Diane should get a late flight out buddy though.

Keith


Hi keith

Hit the quote button in the top right of the post that you want quote
It will then automatically put that post in your reply, you just then type under the post

Dan


Thanks Dan

_________________
com/]
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Fellsteruk01
Joined: 27 Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Interesting read... I see no one has commented about what it's like with them so here goes:

Your worrying about nothing!!! They are expensive but that doesn't seem to stop people from using them very popular!

If your on the east of the island you won't see them they are only operated on the west side and they take them out of the lagoon not around it so TBH whilst you can hear them pop in and out it's not a big deal, however I was staying in the JBV in the 560 range so a distance from the water sport centre but even spending time on the beach they didn't cause any upset and no louder than the many boat trips leaving the island.

I doubt very much this will impact business and from what I know of other resorts in Maldives many others have them and it won't be long before more get them I suspect.

I guess where do you draw the line... I personally think the island getting wifi was a big mistake yet I doubt many guest would agree all huntched over the phones at meal time no talking to each other or watching what their wild children are doing... got to find the right instagram filter for that killer selfie right....?

No news, no shoes!!!
View user's profile Send private message
Important news about Watersports... 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT  
Page 3 of 3  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  


Powered by phpBB© 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin