Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Honeymoon Questions
Honeymoon Questions 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:14 am Reply with quote
Leeds4life
After having 6 days now of getting my head round that Im been brought to Meeru for our honeymoon.
I have a few questions.

Can we request specific rooms or areas
We are staying in a jacuzzi water villa I know that much but is there any recommendations as to where is a better location if any are. Im sure they are all just amazing.

I keep seeing people mentioning pre booking boat trips and special meals am I missing something or a place where you can do this like a visitor login site.

We are not tv fans to be honest but thinking if we decide to spend time around our room do the tvs have dvds if so may fetch 1 or 2 with us or put on a USB stick. We dont watch it at home well very rarely Im more of a reader myself.

Also my now husband that is so nice to be able to say, is a veggie is there plenty options available to him.

He has planned this trip to make sure we are home in time for the begining of the football season he is a massive Leeds fan Im lucky we arent off to Austria to follow their pre season fixtures. Phew I love going with him but not on our honeymoon.

I have never been so excited for a trip ever

[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
You can request to be in a certain area but remember its only a request. As to which room to request now that's a debate that you probably haven't got time for as everybody thinks different, Check the search function and have a look at previous posts.

Trips and special meals are generally booked once you are there the trips are booked via Ipads at the 2 receptions.

I'm sure the JWV have DVD players but not sure if they are region specific so may not play UK disks, we have never used them, I did load up a couple of movies to an ipad once a few years back.

Plenty of Veggie choice even greater if you eat fish.

If your Hubby plays football he can always put his name forward for the Staff v Guests football match on the Sundays I think you sign up in the main reception. The Staff are big in to Football and have a very nice 3G pitch in the center of the island. If you plan to do this remember footware

Re: Honeymoon Questions 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Leeds4life wrote:
...We are not tv fans to be honest but thinking if we decide to spend time around our room do the tvs have dvds if so may fetch 1 or 2 with us or put on a USB stick. We dont watch it at home well very rarely Im more of a reader myself.

The USB stick choice is sensible.

Some rooms, such as the shoreline based Water Villas for example, do not have DVD players anymore but feature flat screen TVs that have USB inputs.

I don't know the current situation for JWVs but it's just possible DVD players aren't there anymore either (but perhaps someone recently back can chip in and confirm if they know for sure either way).

A few years ago JWVs had multi-region DVD players, and JBVs Region 5 (I think) players which blocked UK region disks. These things change over time as room ranges get refreshed and indeed as technology moves on.
Honeymoon Questions 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion