Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Our August Trip
Our August Trip 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
As some of you may know, technology and me are not the best of friends. We have just returned from meeru, and although I wanted to post, I didn't know my password, and gave up trying to reset it!!! I remember many years ago my mum saying that the video was 'beyond her' I fear I may be turning into her, although at the moment I determind to fight it!!!!

As I didn't post whilst there, I thought i would just do a little trip report. We went to Meeru in August last year, and had bad weather for at least half of the time, this year we decided to hedge our bets and went for a week in meeru and a week in dubai, we needn't have worried, the weather this time was just brilliant! Out of eight days, only one day of rain, a result I think for August!

This was our 21st trip to meeru, and we all still just love it! Everyone on the Island are so nice and welcoming, Many of the familiar faces were on their annual leave, but it was great getting to know some new faces.

We were there with our two children and the Island was full with many families, good for us as our two made friends, however walking around the Island, it still felt desserted...we recently showed one of our friends some of our holiday snaps and she asked it there was anyone else on the island. When we looked, we realised that photo's we had taken on the beach didn't have anyone else in them, an accident, but proof that even when the island is full it still feels like some sort of exclusive island! An absolute contrast to Dubai, our hotel there was full, and have never seen so many people in and around the pool, after a week in Meeru it was too much for us and we retreated to the beach!!!

It was full moon whilst we were there and again just great...food, music, full moon...oh I could almost transport myself back there....

Although there were many families there, lots of young couples too...honeymooners probably, and really nice in the evening as much of the entertainment was very well attended. The disco's were really busy...great of us as we don't really like being the only ones on the dancefloor...better to blend in with the young folk, we think!!! One evening, a latin type song came on and all of a sudden there were about thirty people on the dancefloor doing a syncronised dance..it was great to see although we were rubbish at trying to keep up!!

Meeru again for us is an amazing place, the bug still has a very tight grip on us, and we can't wait to return later this year for Christmas and New Year.

Deb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:04 pm Reply with quote
camwil
Hi glad to hear that you had a great time and the feeling of being on the most populous desert island in the world still exists. Any photos we show our friends prompts a comment was anybody else there? Still that is one of the many attractions of Meeru.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:05 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Hi Deb
Thanks for posting a trip report. Glad the weather held out for you. Never a guarantee at any time of year these days
Jo xxx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
Glad you had a great time and the weather was good, 8 weeks till we return and can't wait. See you at Easter??? Or perhaps new year 18/19 for my 50th.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
Hi Ian and Jo,

Funny, we are booked for Easter, so fingers crossed we won't cancel and see you there!!!
Your 50th Ian? Mine too NYE next year...joint birthday do perhaps? Although I'm not sharing the cake!!

Deb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote
camwil
Hi Debbie
Thanks for your tips on booking. All 15 of us are booked and it was not easy but Travel Lab were great and patient
Enjoy your next trip Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
Hi Both,

Really pleased you managed to book it. I bet your grandchildren are so excited!! I'm sure they will love it!!

Deb and mark

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports