Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Return visit, my Trip Advisor review
Return visit, my Trip Advisor review 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Shirley
We returned to Meeru for our eighth visit in October. Our first visit was in 2001 and you may wonder why we return to the same island but immediately we arrived on the island we knew we had again made the right choice. Our Jacuzzi beach villa wasn’t ready so we headed straight to the Dhoni bar to be greeted by Saeed who we first met in 2010 and after an excellent Lion beer we went to the new Farivalhu restaurant for lunch.
Our villa, 116 (we like the low 100s), was ready after lunch and we soon settled in. Our “room boy” (it’s about time the guys are renamed as it is condescending) was the best we have had in all our visits. Sharafuddin not only kept our room spotless throughout our stay but his artistic bed displays were amazing. On the occasion that we had a problem with the air conditioning he made the necessary arrangements to get it attended to ASAP. We would like him to be nominated for Employee of the Year as it is thoroughly deserved for his charm, professionalism and attention to detail. We also highly recommend our waiter in the Farivalhu, Farah, excellent service and a beautiful smile and special thanks to Saeed and Waheed (video king Smile ) in the Dhoni. Since our return we have read some of the less complimentary reviews here about the staff and we find it very difficult to connect these to all the staff we encountered.
We go to Meeru to enjoy; total relaxation, excellent service, superb variety of food (we enjoy spicy food), excellent egg station at breakfast, a comfy bed (reading reviews too hard for some), the most amazing warm sea, no shoes, and above all the staff.
Walter please note when we next return we want room 777, it must have the most enormous Jacuzzi as 17 can book to go on the reef snorkeling trip and therefore deny me my daily trip Sad.
Top Tips; go all inclusive, iced coffee with a Baileys or dark rum shot, remember this is a relaxed no shoes (nor dress to the nines) island so dress for comfort, book your inclusive trips when you arrive (you can always cancel them, ask the reception staff they can do it for you) if you don’t occupants of 777 we have booked them all, take your own snorkel and flippers and if you are not a confident swimmer please don’t go on the reef snorkelling trip without a life jacket, the wifi is not brilliant but they are hoping to improve it but you are on holiday – put the tech away and enjoy each other, worst case scenario take a set of dominoes and play five and threes.
Love and best wishes to you all on Meeru and yes we will be back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:36 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading this over lunch. We too return again and again for much the same reason, Meeru never seems to disappoint!

Four weeks tomorrow till we return, our playing cards and scrabble already packed. Totally agree about technology, we go with our two children and love spending time with them playing card games, chess etc.

Deb

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports