Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Booked a trip for August 2018!
Booked a trip for August 2018! 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
SSRS
Hello All,

Discovered this site from YouTube having just gone and booked a trip to Meeru for next August 2018! Seriously excited!

We are a family of four with children aged under 10. We have been pining to go back to the Maldives since our honeymoon 12 years ago! We wil finally have saved enough to go back for next year!

Funnily enough, we went in August around the same time last time around, and although we had a little bit of bad weather during th night, it was OK during the day. I am hoping we get lucky again, but we would not be able to afford the remainder of the year as well having to book during the School hols for 10 nights!

We were looking for Thailand, but then saw trips to this island on Travelbag for similar amount but with AI, and we just took the plunge! I am worried there is some catch as the same holidy on another travel agent was so much more expensive!!

I will trawl his place for tips aplenty! It is very nice to see people returning so often!

We have booked a Beach Villa, any advice on best room, with good access to beach with a wider area, but near to the amenities like swimming pools and restaurants?
Re: Booked a trip for August 2018! 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Welcome to this place SSRS and cheers for posting Very Happy

SSRS wrote:
...We have booked a Beach Villa, any advice on best room, with good access to beach with a wider area, but near to the amenities like swimming pools and restaurants?

If you look HERE you'll get a good appreciation of the layout of the island. Hover your mouse over the rooms to see which range they are in.

You'll see that Beach Villas occupy the 200 and 400 number room ranges. Vast majority are on the East facing side of the island.

Although it's not made clear on the map off the link I gave you above, the lowest number 400s start at the middle point point of the island and progress higher in number the further north they go. With one exception, the 400s all have an interesting pentagonal shape.

The lowest 200s start at the southern tip of the island. Actually the very lowest (201-206) at that southern tip are just round the bend there and face West.

You'll find a lot of discussion on the forum about which room is best. I've said it often but it's no less true; you'll likely completely fall for whatever room you arrive into. Every room has its local plus points beyond being on a magical island to begin with.

Ultimately, nowhere is very far from anywhere on Meeru.

Interested to know which island you went to for your honeymoon?
Re: Booked a trip for August 2018! 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:06 pm Reply with quote
SSRS
Humble Jim wrote:
Welcome to this place SSRS and cheers for posting Very Happy

Thanks!!

Interested to know which island you went to for your honeymoon?

It was Paradise Island (can't recall the Maldivian name! But is was a relatively large island and only 20 min boat ride from Male. It was relatively less expsenive than the rest at the time, hence I booked it, and have always wanted to come back to the Maldives! Now we will be giving our kids a taste of it too!!

Ideally I would love to have stay on the west side to experience the sunsets, but I'll have a look at what could be the best area to lobby for!
Booked a trip for August 2018! 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion