Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Which beach villa rooms have best outlook and beach?
Which beach villa rooms have best outlook and beach? 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:56 am Reply with quote
Nancy1974uk
Hi, I'm planning on travelling to Meeru next August 2019 with my husband and 2 children aged 7 and 4. I just wondered which beach villas are the best? I heard that the majority of them are on the East side but there are just a few of them at the bottom of the island that face West? Ideally I'd like an area that has the nicest beach so my children can play whilst hubby and I are sat on the veranda watching them. There mayb a few more posts from me on the lead up to our trip 😂 Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Hi Nancy1974uk, welcome to here and thanks for posting Very Happy.

The which-beach-villas-are-the-best debate will never ever resolve as people tend to fall in love with the room they arrive into and its surrounds!

That said, my own preference would be middle or higher number range of the Beach Villas that are the 200s range (highest numbered are nearer the middle of the island as opposed to the low numbered rooms which are at it's Southern tip).

But to repeat, everyone will have their own views and all the rooms have their own local advantages Wink.

Be aware that Beach Villas, and also Jacuzzi Beach Villas for that matter, are all set back a bit into the island. Nonetheless they're all just a few paces away from the beach proper and that stunning waterline.

Each room has sun loungers in addition to the veranda furniture. If supervising young children you'd likely drag the sun loungers towards the beach and collectively park yourselves under a convenient palm tree (or several) for sun protection. You get more breeze nearer the water compared to the room porches. That's important for comfort against the overall heat, plus mozzies don't like moving air.

You'll quickly work out the best lounger arrangements for yourselves I'm certain.

Here's typical views from the porches of a couple of (East facing) beach villa rooms in the mid 200's range (if you look carefully, you'll see some sun loungers moved to the beach edge).

HTH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:34 am Reply with quote
Nancy1974uk
Thank you!!!! Yes I guess everyone will have different opinions as to which villa is best 😃 . Has anyone stayed in the beach villas on the tip of the island, the lower numbers? How do they compare? Also, which side of the island has the most wind? Does it make the water quite rough? I'd like to stay by a lagoon area where the water is calm and safe for kids. 😃 x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 am Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Hiya
Weíre on meeru now. We know forum friends who often prefer the lower 200s for their family. All beach villas (except 201-206)are in the lagoon. Anywhere just on the shore line is fine here - itís no like paddling in the north atlantic! Wind - whilst there are traditional weather patterns like all countries, the truth is there is no real pattern. This last fortnight itís been still on both sides; windy on one side and not the other and vice versa . As HJ implies, itís difficult to find a bad part of the island. We have stayed in most room types in all parts of the island and we keep coming back! Xx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:19 am Reply with quote
Nancy1974uk
Thank you!!!!! Ok next question which restaurant/bar are the beach villas allocated to? Would it be best to be close to them or doesn't it really matter as I'm guessing they'd all only be a short walk?
Hubby and I went to Kuredu 10 years ago and absolutely loved it but that was without children.......this time it will be a whole new experience 😊 x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:55 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Nancy1974uk wrote:
...which restaurant/bar are the beach villas allocated to?

Your restaurant will be the excellent recently rebuilt Farivalhu. As regards bars you are always in easy reach of one as thereís at least one at each point of the compass (but note that the one at the far North end of the island is an adults only zone as is the infinity pool too).

Nancy1974uk wrote:
....Would it be best to be close to them or doesn't it really matter as I'm guessing they'd all only be a short walk?

Correct about the walking. Nowhere is really far from anywhere on Meeru but high 200s gives you shortest journey to your restaurant and also the kidís club room nearby to it, along with the main pool and the adjacent playground.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:31 am Reply with quote
Nancy1974uk
Thank you everyone!!!!
Which beach villa rooms have best outlook and beach? 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion