Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » New to Meeru - couple of questions
New to Meeru - couple of questions 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:26 am Reply with quote
anuuna
Hi everyone, I'm going to Meeru next month, first time ever to the Maldives. I've read this forum and Trip Advisor extensively but I still have a couple of questions. I'm hoping someone here can help. We've booked AI and I just wanted to know if the water provided in the room and restaurants is de-mineralised and if we should pack some sort of electrolytes with us? I've suffered sunstroke previously in Malaysia and do not want to ruin my holiday.

Also, it says on the website that complimentary coffee is in the room - I'm hoping this means a Nespresso machine? Can anyone tell me if that is the case and if I should bring my own capsules or are they included in the AI.

Thanks in advance - I'm so excited..!!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:06 am Reply with quote
SCBDXB
All drinking water is produced on the island itself, it is desalinated water of good quality. Always wise to carry electrolytes with you just in case!

I seem to recall the type of coffee facility is dependent on your room grade. Kettle and coffee sachets in Garden Rooms and Beach Villas but Nespresso machines and pods in Water Villas. I'm sure one of the other repeater guests will correct me if I'm wrong Wink Additionally the coffee selection available in the bars and restaurants is good quality too.

Sure you will love Meeru, it's hard not to.

Got the Meeru blues ... counting down to 8 June 2018, chalking up visit #18.. bring it on..

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote
soobs
Hi anuuna we are also on Meeru in June have you added yourselves to the calendar at the moment I can only see a couple of us maybe we have the island to ourselves?
I cannot wait and counting the days now my cases could well come out of the loft on Monday ready for the final count down!!

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:47 am Reply with quote
anuuna
Thanks guys, we're staying in a Water Villa so hopefully pods are included. If not, I would definitely bring my own, I like to have a shot of coffee first thing in the morning and it would be nice to have an espresso while waiting for my sunscreen to set in.. I've heard good things about Ice coffees though, I'm sure I'll have plenty of options for coffee!

I have not added us to any calendar, I couldn't find one! Not even sure about the "days to meeru" countdown thingy, as I have a Mac which is not Windows compatible! We are going very late June, staying until early July - I also cannot wait and have almost started packing already..

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
anuuna wrote:
...I have not added us to any calendar, I couldn't find one!...

It's not immediately obvious but the Calendar button appears on the forum menu bar only when you're logged on.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:06 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
When we were there 2 years ago it was instant coffee sachets in the water villas it might have changed and it would be good to know I like fresh milk which u can buy in the shop or if u get a nice friendly waiter they will let u take some back from breakfast do let us know if there is a machine now I can't imagine they'd provide u one and charge u for the capsules

Have a great time

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:03 pm Reply with quote
anuuna
I think I saw another Crown and Champa resort charge AI guests for Nespresso capsules in the room, at quite an inflated price, that's actually why I'm asking. I've got a Nespresso machine at home so it'd definitely be easy to pack some.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:27 am Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
It's only the Jacuzzi Water Villas over the water that have the machines all other rooms, Water Villas (or Water front villas as they now seem to be known) and below have a kettle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
annamua
Unfortunately I cannot help regarding coffee machine as we were staying in beach villa before and it was unavailable but I am glad there is another couple arriving in June! More fun. I am sure you will have a fantastic time!
I cannot wait- just 5 more nights and I will be there.

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion