Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Current weather
Current weather 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:58 pm Reply with quote
annamua
I hope someone is in meeru now and can let me know what is the weather like. I am so stressed out as all website are showing sunny day only on Friday 8th June and we are due to go on Wednesday. I thought it is impossible to predict the weather in Maldives and it was always showing rain on the App during rainy season which doesnít mean constant rain just a possibility of rain so I am a bit concerned about Friday sunshine. Now I am thinking they have more accurate way to predict the wather and we will have constant rain during our stay Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:02 am Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
Check out the live webcam you can see exactly what it doing now.

http://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/maldives/north-male-atoll/meerufenfushi/meeru-island-beach.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:10 am Reply with quote
annamua
Ian & Jo wrote:
Check out the live webcam you can see exactly what it doing now.

http://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/maldives/north-male-atoll/meerufenfushi/meeru-island-beach.html

Thank you. I keep checking but itís even worse as it always shows sun and amazing weather so I am thinking if now is great we will have rain! Surprised
Finger crossed!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
We did come through some heavy turbulence to the north of the country this morning on our Emirates flight, so much the pilot had to deviate the flight slightly to avoid some heavy storms, but currently in South Ari Atol (not Meeru atol) and everything is settled, a little cloudy with some brief sunshine spells but relatively dry. Donít worry about the weather you are not going to cancel your holiday now are you so what will be will be and enjoy. The sun is that intense anyway when it does show that you will be scampering for shade under a parasol.

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:19 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
Please don't stress about the weather the forecast is in my opinion a load of *****! I've been watching the weather forecast for London on Saturday as we are going to a wedding and it's literally changed every day! When I think about it the weather is different at my house then my work some days and it's only 20 mins away....

Best suggestion I can make is that the webcam will indeed give a live view but the weather is really changeable and whilst I'm sure others will disagree it must be really hard to predict and even changes from say March one year to March the next year.

I've only heard of a few people getting constant rain for their whole holiday and whilst it would literally put a dampner on things it's not a common occurrence. I'm sure you will have a fab time, might have some rain but I'm sure there will be plenty of sunshine Wink

In a Cilla Black voice, please come back and tell us all about it Laughing

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:20 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
and in addition to that there are 2 webcams it seems sunnier round one side than the other just now Rolling Eyes

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:13 am Reply with quote
SCBDXB
Weather can be changeable during rainy season, best not to worry about it. You can't change it. Temperature will remain almost the same regardless and you can still get a tan through the clouds so don't forget to slap on the high factor SPF.

Roll on Friday I say.. can't wait to be back relaxing on Meeru. It's always fabulous whatever the weather. And if it does rain we are still to be found swimming in the adults pool when everyone else has run indoors!! haha Fishing Fishing

Don't let a bit of rain dampen the Meeru spirits... enjoy!

Got the Meeru blues ... counting down to 8 June 2018, chalking up visit #18.. bring it on..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:45 am Reply with quote
annamua
Thank you all so much. I should be prepared as our last visit 5 years ago was in rainy season too but just don't want to have constant rain.

I am sure we all will have a fabulous time Very Happy will keep you updated regarding weather. We should arrive to Meeru around 10 am tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
soobs
Roll on Sunday hoping to be sipping an iced coffee with rum before 10.30 we arrive on the 0730 hrs Emirates flight for 13 nights of Meeru magic

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:44 am Reply with quote
SCBDXB
wow looks like we may be 3 Forum members on Meeru shortly... maybe we will bump into one another. Enjoy Laughing

Got the Meeru blues ... counting down to 8 June 2018, chalking up visit #18.. bring it on..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:42 am Reply with quote
annamua
We finally arrived! Itís even better than 5 years ago on our last visit. Weather is not too bad- cloudy but no rain. One of the waitress at Pavilion Pool Bar said it was a storm and heavy rain last night. Hopefully weather will settle and we all will have an amazing time! Just had lunch and I am going to do some snorkelling now Very Happy

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion