Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » New booking
New booking 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
rickc
Have just booked a trip to Meeru in November, our 14th visit. A bit different for us as February is our usual time. And also what is different is the price of reserving seats on Emirates. Paid our airfares upfront so we could reserve seats. We are on the A380 out of Gatwick to Dubai which doesn't have any twin seats in economy unlike the Boeing 777 from Dubai down to Male which does...but Emirates now want you to pay 40 for each of those twin seats. So that's an extra 160 for two of us for the flight down and back. Too too much me thinks !!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
At present EK12 10.00 departure from Gatwick is a 2 class A380 which is part economy on the upper deck where the first class used to be and this gets you 2-4-2 configuration seat wise. Not sure this aircraft will continue for November though.

Just back from Maafushivaru a couple of weeks ago and we pre booked seats on the 2 class A380 to Manchester and Emirates cocked them up and double booked them had to refund me 120 (2x60 GBP) still managed to get a twin upstairs on 48 hour check in though.

Also extra legroom are 65 Shocked

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:25 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
I think everyone is trying to make some money where they can, I don't like flying and like the twin seats at the back so have had to fork out the 320 extra to make sure I get these Rolling Eyes That's 2 spa treatments but hey ho it's worth it to me for the peace of mind. We are going to see if we can get an upgrade to at least one of the flights as would love to try it but then that's more spa treatments gone and lets face it Emirates is not Ryanair but I like the look of the comfy seats Laughing

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018
New booking 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion