Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » FLIGHTS
FLIGHTS 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 pm Reply with quote
mamaduke
Hi I am looking to book for June 2019 & was all ready to do so when I found out Ethihad now charge to reserve seats together.
Do all the airlines flying from Manchester now charge for this, if so how much?
Also in the time I have been dithering the price has risen significantly who do you book with for best prices please?
TIA
Re: FLIGHTS 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:01 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Hi, mamaduke, thanks for posting and welcome to here Very Happy

mamaduke wrote:
Hi I am looking to book for June 2019 & was all ready to do so when I found out Ethihad now charge to reserve seats together.
Do all the airlines flying from Manchester now charge for this, if so how much?TIA

We also go from Manchester. Not sure about Qatar Airways but I know Emirates charge as well. Can't recall costs but they put me off reserving seats in advance; for the money involved we felt we could achieve much more with it on Meeru. Bear in mind that you can reserve 24/48 hours for free out of what remains before you fly though. To date we've found that's worked out OK for us.

mamaduke wrote:

...Also in the time I have been dithering the price has risen significantly who do you book with for best prices please?
TIA

Sadly the poor state of the pound continues to drive strong increases for UK based folk. That said you can ALWAYS get better than list price deals by shopping around and playing one travel provider off against another. Try the search facility on the forum to look for posts about best travel agents, deals, travel providers etc.

Sometimes high street outlets will match or best online deals so don't rule out the high street. Also do not overlook Emirates - they are package holiday providers to the Maldives in their own right in addition to being an airline (and I know several people who have said they are very competitive).

As a starter, ahead of your wider research, check out what Thomas Cook Signature and TravelBag could do for you first and measure what others can do against them.

Other forum members may add their personal recommends to this thread in due course.

HTH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
esseepee
Hi
We are flying from Manchester to Male on Qatar airways in 4 weeks time and no they donít charge to select your seats, but I am sure that may change in time

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:04 pm Reply with quote
mamaduke
Thanks, Qatar are quite a bit more expensive than Etihad but I cant find out how much they actually charge for pre booked seats, I may just chance the 48 hours.
I have found Southall travel to be the cheapest however they have poor reviews so I rang Travelbag today to see if they would price match, after spending the entire call slagging off Southall he eventually said no they could get nowhere near their price Rolling Eyes
Thomas Cook Signature could get nowhere near it either, even with the shop discount they couldn't.
Thanks I may wait a while & check again xx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
esseepee
We booked our holiday with Destination 2 who were quite a bit cheaper than Travelbag at the time

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:34 pm Reply with quote
soobs
Southall travel are very competitive on what we paid this yr for Manchester flights 13 nights full board beach villa just 40 more expensive flight 2019 is Etihad and not Emirates and slightly longer lay down times prefer the late flight out of Meeru as you get a full day.
I am very tempted though

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
swordfishradio
First time travelling with Turkish to the Maldives, considerably cheaper than Emirates with the ability to choose seats 100 days out from departure.

Maayafushi 4, Kuredu 1, Dhonveli 1, Reethi 1, Meeru 4, Meeru booked for December 2018

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
https://www.thenational.ae/uae/etihad-introduces-advance-seat-selection-fee-1.749878

this article shows the price banding for seat selection on Etihad.

Currently Qatar don't charge (at the moment)

Emirates don't charge for pre selecting all their seats just the more favorable ones and range between £40 & £60 with extra legroom significantly more. that's per seat so can stack up on 4 flights

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
Ian & Jo wrote:
https://www.thenational.ae/uae/etihad-introduces-advance-seat-selection-fee-1.749878

this article shows the price banding for seat selection on Etihad.

Currently Qatar don't charge (at the moment)

Emirates don't charge for pre selecting all their seats just the more favorable ones and range between £40 & £60 with extra legroom significantly more. that's per seat so can stack up on 4 flights

Emirates charge for ANY seat selection if youíre on an Economy Saver fare.

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:11 am Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
Yes just checked we are on a Flex Fare at new year hence some seats were still free to select, my mistake. Embarassed