Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Useful October offer at Asian Wok...
Useful October offer at Asian Wok... 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:32 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
I appreciate that this will not apply to most forum folk reading this, but if you do happen to be arriving here during this month of October (or already here even), food at the the Asian Wok is at a significant 15% discount.

And remember that if you are on A/I, and the drinks you consume are in the scope of A/I, then drinks are not charged extra for at all.

If you've never tried a meal at the Asian Wok, I do recommend that you consider it. Food there is distinct from offerings in the regular restaurants and the ambience very special. If you're curious about it, just visit the venue in the day and ask to review the menu which you'll be able to do at your leisure.

BTW when you reserve a table (assuming you're not doing the Teppenyaki thing) and there's a particular table you want to be at, then mention it as your preference will be recorded with your reservation.

Last night I had superb Tandoori Chicken Tikka meal at the Asian Wok, and Herself had a delicious Maldivian lobster (meat removed from the shell at Her request incidentally). All accompanied by freshly baked butter naans. Starters were our usual favourites, Spring Rolls along with yogurt plus sweet and sour dipping sauces Smile.

HJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
RB
Sounds tasty! - just joined the forum and noticed all of the hard work you have invested in the subject - much appreciated - and the other contributors of course!

We are a family of four - 2 young children, planning 14 nights next year and can come sometime between May and July. I read your recent comprehensive post, which was helpful; but I am still wondering about which month of the 3 to visit?
Looking at historical data may not be as useful as it once was, so I thought I might try and solicit an opinion or two! Do you know of any source (apart from the staff at the hotel!) that details sun and rain historically for at least the Male area? Perhaps you are that source Smile Smile Smile . Would much appreciate your feedback. Do hope you have a lovely time - no matter the weather!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Hi RB

Welcome to here and thanks for posting Very Happy.

RB wrote:
...We are a family of four - 2 young children, planning 14 nights next year and can come sometime between May and July. I read your recent comprehensive post, which was helpful; but I am still wondering about which month of the 3 to visit?...

Of the three months, I'd aim for May and as early in May as is practicable. On average, May sees more rain than June but June tends to be the most overcast and thundery month. September is the average wettest month.

I don't mind odd heavy blasts of rain interleaved with hot Sun, but I do find plain overcast days can become tedious. The later you leave it in those three months the rather more humid things will become too. But that's more a relative thing. If you've not experienced the tropics before you'll be surprised at the humidity no matter what the month you arrive into the Maldives in Laughing.

There's no guarantee that you will avoid a soggy episode at any time of year, so the best you can do is play the odds. We have seen really stormy conditions in February (peak High/Dry season) and seen Octobers - technically Wet season - that have had minutes of rain. This particular October is not like that though, we're only just coming out of a couple of weeks of unusual poor conditions.

If you read through trip reports on this forum covering Mays, Junes and Julys though the past several years you'll get an improved idea of how weather impacted holidays negatively or positively.

HTH

HJ

Edited to fix a typo

Last edited by Humble Jim on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:37 am Reply with quote
RB
Thanks for the good advice:) Do hope you have a lovely time away from the madness! Smile.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 pm Reply with quote
RB
Finally booked the start of May. We are going to surprise our children - will be 8 and 3 - wont tell them we are going on a plan until we arrive in the airport and wont tell them much until they see for themselves - and then record the moments Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:41 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
RB wrote:
Finally booked the start of May. We are going to surprise our children - will be 8 and 3 - wont tell them we are going on a plan until we arrive in the airport and wont tell them much until they see for themselves - and then record the moments Smile.

What a lovely surprise for the kids! I heard mention recently of foldable buckets and spades - just a suggestion for you
Laughing

The year we went in May we spoke to a couple who had arrived the week before and said it had been pretty wet that week. Wouldn't put me off going back in May though as it is a bit cheaper and we didn't have any problems. Probably more rain in the September we've just been...

and today in Glasgow we have gale force winds 12 degrees and quite a lot of rain, tomorrow forecast 20 and sunny....you can't predict what the weather will be like anywhere these days, so I'll take my chances with May Cool

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018
Useful October offer at Asian Wok... 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion