Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Diary Goto page 1, 2  Next
Diary 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:39 pm Reply with quote
camwil
Hi all I just put our next visit in the calendar forJune but found there are not many entries.
As I was a bit fogetfull this time round I wondered if we had got out of the way of using it or is it a reflection of the number of our members going this year

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:46 am Reply with quote
Brucebear
We noticed this too, we are very lucky to be going twice this year and have put the dates on the diary. Only 4 weeks to our visit and being Easter I thought it would be busy.
Bruce & Karen

Last edited by Brucebear on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

[/url]
Easter 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Robdouglas
We fly out Good Friday

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
I totally forgot for our upcoming trip. I donít even remember if I have a new tracker in my signature (Iíll find out when this posts!)

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:49 pm Reply with quote
soobs
Just changed my ticker and checked the calendar - we have the island to ourselves apart from the last day!!

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:10 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
How remiss of us, just added our dates. 6 weeks for us...and yes am counting down every day!

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:20 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
debandmark wrote:
How remiss of us, just added our dates. 6 weeks for us...and yes am counting down every day!

And there was I thinking Iíd have the place to myself in May!

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:11 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
Well, it's only us, and we don't take up much room!!

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:47 pm Reply with quote
camwil
DM
We are slightly later this time round so will miss you (lucky you)
Are the whole gang going?
Anyway have a great time!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:19 pm Reply with quote
debandmark
Hi Camwill!!

Ahh it's a shame we will miss you.

We go in May on our own, then in July with the children. 4weeks and 2 days, not that I'm counting!!!

Enjoy your trip!

Deb

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
camwil wrote:
DM

Are you going on the A380 then Tom can't wait to have this one coming into land over the house the 777 makes enough noise already the house will be shaking 😏

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:33 pm Reply with quote
annamua
Shanksy wrote:
camwil wrote:
DM

Are you going on the A380 then Tom can't wait to have this one coming into land over the house the 777 makes enough noise already the house will be shaking 😏

What was the weather in Meeru last September? We are going first time in September and I am starting to worry about weather as everyone on facebook group keep saying that is raining a lot Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:41 pm Reply with quote
camwil
Shanksy wrote:
camwil wrote:
DM

Hi unfortunately no but Emirates are not my favourite airline tonight. We have had our flight time changed five times in four months. Our parking and lounge providers must be thinking not them again plus the trees must be getting chopped at an alarming rate for all the paper I have used and we are loosing most of our first day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
annamua wrote:
...What was the weather in Meeru last September? We are going first time in September and I am starting to worry about weather as everyone on facebook group keep saying that is raining a lot Crying or Very sad

To answer your question directly, last September saw some extraordinarily bad weather. It carried over into the first week of October too (I know...I was there for that!). Some people on shorter visits never saw the Sun and for someone we knew was spending 3 weeks there they reported it rained hard on and off every day of their stay.

Four particular points I'd make though.

The first is to flag up my deliberate use of the word "extraordinarily" above. It was a highly unusual spell last year that had even the staff flummoxed. And in nearly 20 years of going to Meeru I'd not seen it's like. Visitors to Meeru last September will have some sad and soggy tales to relate. True tales, sure, but exceptional all the same.

Second point to note is you need to accept nonetheless that you are not visiting Meeru in dry season. September is technically in "wet" season out there. And September is the wettest month according to the stats. But what this means - in practice - is that in "normal" years is that you can expect to see some spells of heavy rain (typically only brief but if you're unlucky it could last a whole day but that's not a given). You'll likely have possibly an odd drizzly / overcast day, but expect also good dollops of sunshine that burns up the rain water in minutes Very Happy.

Third, we actually prefer going in the "wet" season. We tend to aim for the first weeks of October and continue to do so. We've been in February ("dry" or High Season in the Maldives) and the heat was very strong for us - we spent a lot of time on the shadows Laughing .

Fourth, although of natural concern, try not to get too hung up on what the weather might be like when you are there. Statistics give a clue but for any given week / the small chunk of the year you are actually there, the weather can be fickle (in a good or bad direction).

At the end of the day, the Maldives is a year round destination. Be in no doubt you will need to pack the high factor sun cream Cool .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:54 pm Reply with quote
annamua
Humble Jim wrote:
annamua wrote:
...What was the weather in Meeru last September? We are going first time in September and I am starting to worry about weather as everyone on facebook group keep saying that is raining a lot Crying or Very sad

To answer your question directly, last September saw some extraordinarily bad weather. It carried over into the first week of October too (I know...I was there for that!). Some people on shorter visits never saw the Sun and for someone we knew was spending 3 weeks there they reported it rained hard on and off every day of their stay.

Four particular points I'd make though.

The first is to flag up my deliberate use of the word "extraordinarily" above. It was a highly unusual spell last year that had even the staff flummoxed. And in nearly 20 years of going to Meeru I'd not seen it's like. Visitors to Meeru last September will have some sad and soggy tales to relate. True tales, sure, but exceptional all the same.

Second point to note is you need to accept nonetheless that you are not visiting Meeru in dry season. September is technically in "wet" season out there. And September is the wettest month according to the stats. But what this means - in practice - is that in "normal" years is that you can expect to see some spells of heavy rain (typically only brief but if you're unlucky it could last a whole day but that's not a given). You'll likely have possibly an odd drizzly / overcast day, but expect also good dollops of sunshine that burns up the rain water in minutes Very Happy.

Third, we actually prefer going in the "wet" season. We tend to aim for the first weeks of October and continue to do so. We've been in February ("dry" or High Season in the Maldives) and the heat was very strong for us - we spent a lot of time on the shadows Laughing .

Fourth, although of natural concern, try not to get too hung up on what the weather might be like when you are there. Statistics give a clue but for any given week / the small chunk of the year you are actually there, the weather can be fickle (in a good or bad direction).

At the end of the day, the Maldives is a year round destination. Be in no doubt you will need to pack the high factor sun cream Cool .

Fabulous. Thanks a lot for a very detailed answer. We are always going in wet season and experienced 2 full days of rain + few showers when we visited in May and it was fine for us, we just donít want to end up with rain for our whole stay and no signs of sunshines. Fingers crossed 🤞

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion