Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion » Thomas Cook... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:10 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
If you booked direct I expect all they have to do is locate your details and process your refund, as they should already have the details from TC. I’ve just sent in the additional documents and received an acknowledgement saying I should receive a refund within 60 days. Fingers crossed.

[/url]
Thomas Cook 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Robdouglas
We are in the same position, lost our holiday to Dominican Republic, and have made a claim, which they say will take 4-6 weeks, but because we paid on Credit card they will more than likely, as they did last time, tell us to contact our card company, which we did in the first instance and they said contact ABTA first (going round in circles ) anyway we booked Meeru 31st for ten days not so much a consolation as we will be going Christmas and April 2020, but it was another different place we will miss, i feel sorry for all the peeps that have lost their holidays and cannot re book until they get paid our

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:18 pm Reply with quote
flynn428
Well, here we are 6 weeks after supplying all the info to the CAA website, and getting absolutely no communication back, except the reference number at the end of the form filling exercise. What turns up in my email, a request for additional information from a claim handling company, Protect Claims. They need additional information regarding my refund. I guess that these agents will also have a 60 day window for action.

Doing a bit of internet searching, they do appear legit, but I am a little disappointed with the whole process. They just want to drag it on, and on, and on. I know that there is a huge amount of money involved, and many many claimants, but, I did not anticipate delay, after delay. By the time I get my money back,(if I ever do) they will have had it for over a year.

Not happy.

Anyone else getting this treatment?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:34 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
flynn428 wrote:
Well, here we are 6 weeks after supplying all the info to the CAA website, and getting absolutely no communication back, except the reference number at the end of the form filling exercise. What turns up in my email, a request for additional information from a claim handling company, Protect Claims. They need additional information regarding my refund. I guess that these agents will also have a 60 day window for action.

Doing a bit of internet searching, they do appear legit, but I am a little disappointed with the whole process. They just want to drag it on, and on, and on. I know that there is a huge amount of money involved, and many many claimants, but, I did not anticipate delay, after delay. By the time I get my money back,(if I ever do) they will have had it for over a year.

Not happy.

Anyone else getting this treatment?

Yes, I think I’ve now had two emails asking for additional information that they really should have asked for in the first place, and my understanding is that the 60 days to a refund runs from when they have a complete, valid claim - so I think the email resets it too.

[/url]
Caa bullshit 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Robdouglas
Yes we have had exactly the same, they send you a form to fill in then send another with the same thing, they are just trying to drag it out as long as they can, we are no nearer a refund of some £4.5k than we were when TC went bump, hopefully we may get paid out eventually but not until next year

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
We've now had the email.

I'm kind of hoping that they've spent the weeks up to now setting up claim number accounts per customer on some system and that once they get the docs they need they'll just push the "pay customer now" button.

Probably excessively naive of me though.... Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:28 pm Reply with quote
flynn428
"We acknowledge receipt of your recent email. Please note this will be attached to your claim and you should expect to receive a response within the next 28 working days.
We trust this is in order.
Kind regards"

This was the reply I received today, a quick response, but not really filling me with hope for a speedy refund. I think you might be a little overly optimistic there "HJ"
will keep you posted.
46 days to Meeru and counting............

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:19 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
CAA have finally admitted to ongoing delays with refunds https://news.sky.com/story/more-thomas-cook-misery-as-customers-face-refund-payment-delay-11879125

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:53 am Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Thanks for the link, bushbaby_de.

Adding a BBC one to this thread for good measure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50680106

HJ

[update 07/12/2019]

Another BBC article today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50684434

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
We’ve just had an email confirming we’ll have the full amount back in our bank account within 10 days. Happy days.

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:59 pm Reply with quote
flynn428
Yes, I too have just received an email stating that refund has been processed, and should be in the bank within 2 days.

Merry Christmas.
Refund 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Robdouglas
Yes had my refund Friday last but not the £500 deposit we paid on another holiday 2020 as yet, so looks like they are getting onto it anyway
I hope you all get yours soon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:14 pm Reply with quote
bushbaby_de
I only got the email at lunchtime and the money’s arrived already!

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Result Smile !

Still waiting for any sort of confirm but monitoring our email carefully.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:26 pm Reply with quote
flynn428
Even had a follow up phone call from CAA to check that refund had been received, and if it was for the amount expected.
All in all, not bad considering how bad I thought it was going to be.
Thomas Cook... 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » General Meeru Discussion