Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world! » Southern Italy
Southern Italy 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quote
tezmoy
We went to Capo Vaticano in the very south of Italy in September last year.

This is a very beautiful part of Italy - very different from the north and Neapolitan Riviera. It is just starting to open up to British tourist industry, although the Italians and Germans have been going there for years. As a result you will find that English is not widely spoken but enough is spoken for you to get by (we do not speak any Italian and found that we managed OK). The people are very friendly and, as you would expect from Italy, the food was fab.

We did a day trip accross the Straights of Messina to Sicily which was well worth it as was the trip up in to the mountains and the trip to Reggio de Calabria where designer shopping at our high street prices was a reflection of the economy of the region - not like the north where you can spend a fortune on a meal out. Tropea, the local main town is built on a rock over looking the Ionian Sea. It is very spectacular and when you look down to the water it is so clear that the boats look like they are flying over the sea bed.

If you are thinking of going to Italy or have been before and want a taste of Italy before mass tourism then I would highly recommend this area of the country. I would definately go back.

Moira

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:47 am Reply with quote
BernardineNorton
Capo Vaticano is the most beautiful part of Italy which I read in to do my essay for me and my site. This is the most beautiful place in the world. It does have many small beautiful things around it which seems to be very beautiful and they attract the viewers towards them.
Southern Italy 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world!