Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Meeru in Covid times
Meeru in Covid times 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:47 am Reply with quote
RB
Currently enjoying a cappucino looking out across the turquoise waters,🙂. Our first time back and received a warm welcome. And some nice touches such as the special message on the bed, made from leaves and flowers. There have been no covid cases on resort since reopening. Occupancy at reopening started with 4 guests! Now we are about 200; but from 13/12 they have many bookings and will be 90% full over Christmas and New year. Food is still buffet but served on request, apart from small servings such as desserts. Masks in enclosed areas and boats and whilst getting food in restaurant. Smaller range of choices in buffet but not problematic. Children's club closed but may open with increase in guests. Staff as friendly and up beat as ever. Manager is visible, friendly and approachable. Trip with Qatar was somewhat stressful. Ground staff in Prague were insistent that I show a photo of a scan code - without it I might be turned away. I had recorded them with my phone; but one had not worked. After an hour on my mobile resubmitting forms I could see that the scan code is not necessary since they use your passport number. If going when you go on to imuga- and key your details the submission is valid for 24 hours. The app displays the expiry date and time. I made more than 1 submission with no problem. The flight from Doha to Male was full. Social distancing not maintained; but all passengers had to take PCR quick test before boarding. Stressful 10 mins waiting for results. Wore face shields through flights and transit - to protect passengers. In summary - would probably wait for travel conditions to improve - really b.great here in current environment. If tourist numbers increase could get some outbreak again.

[/url]
Meeru in Covid times 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum