Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world! » sharm el-sheikh
sharm el-sheikh 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote
gemx83x
Hi,

Myself and my hubby are planning on going to sharm el-sheikh in june this year, can anyone advise a nice hotel? We want to go all inclusive.
I was thinking the coral sea resort, has anyone been??
All advise is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Gemma Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Stw1955
Hi there, my wife and I are off to Sharm on February 25, this will be our third trip. We stay at the Marriot Mountain Hotel and find it ideal, good beach and only a 10 minute walk into the town itself. Never stayed all inclusive but friends have and they were way out of town and vowed never again. If you have any questions please ask and I will try and answer them. If you haven't been before you will love it.

Stewart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Gilbz
My wife and I went in April last year.
Also we were AI and it was great. Can't remember the hotel off hand at the mo so I'll rib her tomorrow and post back.

We stayed in a little detached round bungalow thing! Which was right on the sea front. The main hotel was about a 5minute drive up the road by a minibus that ran every 30 minutes.
The other hotel was very large and had 3 pools, just to give you an idea. We could eat at our own place or we could go to the other hotel which did have more of a choice but ours was fine.

I would prefer what we did as the other hotel had way to many people for my liking whereas ours was only around 20 little huts. Although the people from the big hotel were allowed to use our beach you wouldn't see more that 30 people on it.

In all very nice, but the egyptions are a pain. Always trying to haggle etc, stay away from the shops and you'll be fine!

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:00 am Reply with quote
gemx83x
Thank you for all the replies. Im sure il have some more questions to ask, when we decide fully on where we want to stay.
Gemma Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote
gemx83x
Hi,
would you say its better to go all inclusive or half board, im not sure if there is other board basis'.
Can you walk around out of the complex? is it safe? If we went AI is the food nice?
We went to tunisia in 2006 and stayed in the complex other than goin on excursions, the food was pretty good. I read on someones reply that its genrally cooked the same way etc...
Does anyone have a good website to find out more about sharm?
Thanks
Gemma Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Gilbz
here ya go

http://www.threecorners.com/sharmelsheikh_hotel/kiroseiz.php?page=rooms&showblock=5#5

Although it doesn't show a pic go to the beach bungalow bit down the page. Thats where we stayed.
We went all inclusive and I'm pleased we did as the food was on the flow all the time and was great.

We were there for only a week and only went on one excursion which was amazing. The people were so friendly.

Just outside our complex was a rather large market area where we ventured one night. It was hell but funny. All the locals will do anything to get you into their shop. They even told me I looked like one of them, but I get that wherever I go in the world!
It was quite frightening in one respect as we had to walk back past them to get back to our complex. We ended up walking towards fast oncoming traffic just to avoid them Shocked

Oh and then one day our minibus driver forgot to turn off so he veered off onto the other side of the dual carriageway with cars, lorries and busses all heading in our direction at speed.
I've never seen a minibus driver change gears and accelerate so fast in my life! Very Happy

If I can post a pic of our little complex I will, great place to go!

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Stw1955
http://www.pachasharm.com/index_content.html

The above link is quite good, it has a very good map of the area which shows the location of most of the hotels etc. To answer your question it depends on where you are staying, like a lot of resorts although they say they are in Sharm they are actually 10/15 mins drive away from the centre. The first time we stayed we were in a hotel approx 10 mins away from the centre by taxi, as we were B&B and the choice of restaurants in the area we were staying were limited we had to make the taxi journey every night. As stated previously our friends who were AI were 15/20 mins away from the centre and were discouraged by the armed guards from wandering about outside the hotel grounds. In fact they met us in the resort centre a couple of times for a meal. That said from what I have seen the hotel complexes look excellent and I am sure they would keep you entertained. The centre has a good range of local restaurants and if you are not adventureous they have the likes of Hard Rock cafe, TGI Fridays etc which are good for a change.

Stewart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
anne.gannon@hotmail.co.uk
hi Gemma, we have just booked today to go to Sharm staying at the Hyatt Regency for 12 nights....no Maldives this year, daughter getting married!!! Any one stayed there, would be good to hear your thoughts

Thanks
Annie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
CandT
i am currently looking for a holiday to sharm in June too!

I really like the look of this hotel, http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sshbr-renaissance-golden-view-beach-resort-sharm-el-sheikh/ but it is only b&b so trying to work out how much spending money we would need. can anyone shed any light on prices over there and how much we would need for 2 weeks?

Also looking at three corners in Taba Heights as looks lovely and bonus of being all inclusive.

we want to save as much money as we can really so we can go back to meeru next year inour beloved jwv![/url]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quote
helen m
Hi Annie
We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in October for a week and really enjoyed it.Just wanted a week of chilling and diving so didn't venture out of the hotel much and we'd also been to Sharm before.
Loved lying under the tents on the hill overlooking the sea-lovely breeze. The thai restaurant was the best we thought and worth booking cos it is popular but the food in all the restaurants was good.
Hope you have a good time
Cheers
Helen

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Stw1955
I am off to Sharm next week, if anyone wishes me to look out for anything in particular, let me know and I will see what I can do. will post a report on my return.

Stewart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote
CandT
og good! we booked the marriott in the end so looking forward to hearing about sharm and where to go and avoid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:07 pm Reply with quote
wayneinsane
посл846.4соврCHAPГальСаблЮрьеLoveLiveMoriYveslounZyli
КрисXVIIмаст(198автоNickВостКудрSuchчитаMaheEdgaПосп
ТаксBoshAlanLoveИванАфонфаткMargнапиГлущКобыSakoGree
КотоГолуоргапосвStevXIIIGregGreeAndrИллюStepсредТрош
АбраАсмуELEGSavaELEGБренКвицSelaМасаMcKiЧиркОвсяРосс
журнPushТимоТракмногКордPlansizeмодаClicVentзатрНату
PaliжурнБлауELEGZoneБалядрузBetcShorПлатромаFallИван
ДрусZoneFranZoneZoneZoneZoneКильZoneAlexZoneZoneZone
ZoneZoneZoneHughFritZoneZoneZoneJawaZoneZoneСмирVill
МалаMPEGхороПечеElecSeanDaxxСовезавеFellOlmeWWQiChic
DeseджазWoodARAGпатиМетаFractracIvreBravязыктемаСинк
WarhручеWindwwwnWindqLumPhilзайчHugoPerfНекрконкнико
ЛитРDancLawiВечкРаскГалиЛитРXVIIПопоStanРАРуНушиПрил
LiveгубеДмитВасиSounKleiбанкмоскlockRogeДемоKiroПлуж
IFBBинтеEdwiхудоThomавтоСокоEloiСахнИллюШахоэкзаMann
БокоЛабаClifаналАльпГероПетрГацкТимоПогаMPEGMPEGMPEG
начаSharкнигSweeWilhФормКириГризГудигласGranПоздtuchkas
автомолн
sharm el-sheikh 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world!
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum