Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world! » Paradise Island [maldives]
Paradise Island [maldives] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quote
maisy
We had a fantastic week in Sri Lanka,very bizy sightseeing ect ,then an hour flight to Male to get our bout to Paradise Island.With it been our first trip to the Maldives it was a lovely sight when we arrived at the jetty.The welcome party wasent very welcoming though,we had to wait what seemed an age be fore we got our keys but evenually we did.Our beach bungalow was lovely straight out on to the beach one minute to the waters edge.Beautiful stretch of beach.We walked around the island but was disapointed to find out that we coudnt walk around the whole island due to building work on the water bungalows.Luckily that was on the other side to us so it didnt spoil things.There were plenty of restarants to eat in and 2 bars[1 with entertainment nightly]We ate at The itailian[out of this world]situated on the end of the jetty,and also we ate at the japaness one night.Very resonable priced.The main buffet restorant was also lovely which was included in our a/i deal.We found some staff to be so lovely[our room attendent]been the best he decorated our beds 4 nights running must have taken him ages it was so beautiful.we found it to be getting abit to noisy in the main bar we later found out that the Island is used by the pilots/cabin crew on there pit stops a few times a week so that spoiled it abit but to honist by the time we had had our dinner we were ready to head back to our room.The weather was lovely,We went on 2 trips one to a nearby island were people lived and a sunset cruise where we saw around 20 dolphins all jumping out of the water will never forget it.Did we enjoy our holiday?yes would we go back to paradise Island?no.When we booked the holiday Thomas cook made a boo boo we were meant to go to Meeru but they had over booked so changed it to Paradise us been Maldives virgins didint know any different.one day i will go to Meeru.Please excuse the spelling mistakes im working a night shift. Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
thesidmouth2
Its good to read trip reports about the other Islands in the Maldeives. Just because these reports help you make your choice, It is an expensive holiday so you need to get as much info first before booking.

Hopefully you will get to Meeru one day. Thank you for taking the time to write your report.

LK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote
maisy
Thanks for that sidmouth,you are right in what you say it was a expensive holiday,i would like to go to the Maldives again maybe one day but dont think i will go to Paradise Island.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:11 pm Reply with quote
2binthemaldives
Thanks for the report Maisy,we are also doing Sri Lanka first for a week then Meeru, I thought I had about 10 weeks to go but realised this morning its about 7 weeks which was a nice surprise!!Did you fly with Sri Lankan airlines?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Parveen
Thank you for your trip report, i agree with the others comments in that when you do book to go to Maldives, one has to ensure that everything is perfect as it is so costly to book up in the first place, sometimes its the fault of the companies booking the holiday which is so frustrating.

Im glad that you have mentioned about the island being used as a pit stop for cabin crew etc, i would prefer not to share with the crew whilst im on holiday myself, and found Meeru a complete joy, i really do hope that you make it there someday soon.

I have looked at Paradise before and welcome your comments on the island as it keeps me informed on the type of place it is and helps me decide where to go, after all i only want perfection.

Im off there again in April 2008.

Why dont you check out H&J on the net directly as they have some very cheap and reasonable prices, i paid for 9 nights in a JLV in April 2008, cheaper than what First Choice quoted by £1000.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote
tmunca
went to velingandu just after the tsunami less than 2 dozen people on the island fantastic . Being selfish dont know if i would like it as much when full.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quote
Gilbz
We had a visit to Pradise Island when we were at Meeru and first impressions were 'Concrete Jungle' compared to Meeru.

Ok so not really concrete, more marble flooring everywhere.

Once you get off the jetty at Meeru you are on sand, in the reception it was sand. Just how it should be.

Michael Shumacher (sp!) was at Paradise Island on his way to one of his races when we were there, apparently this island is classed much higher than Meeru, but if I had a choice it would be Meeru all the way!

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:14 pm Reply with quote
wayneinsane
необ1037AgarCHAPXVIIИванКрымротнLookAllaклейNove4024
ЕфреДрозСодеуниввоенГерцShelМайнклейавтоOtelсолополу
СтилFemmGillNareБудеКарсРодиГамиJohnJameдругDecoОктя
периОртеFlemМихамоделюбяАжипзащизабоДжадГущиСодерижс
RobeЛитвModoAdioModoКарпКертSelaZoneНАлеНОВИAlanХаза
ВенгДжалВязоархирастLevithesSpliразмRoxySelaFranреме
RobaпансXVIIMODOZoneНикоMontBjorюмориздеКолеTraiAmir
ЛобоZoneШабрZoneZoneZoneZoneКараZoneМошкZoneZoneZone
ZoneZoneZoneсамопризZoneZoneZoneпробZoneZoneXXVIпозо
украPionBruyUlriHitaDreaGullDaniVadiBookупакSQuiAdri
ЛукьСереWoodARAGПатиордепацаIrisТурцАртиязыктемаRobe
WarhпаззWindTeLLWind`ЮгеPhilбрюкSidnPerfXXIIЛитРAida
VoyeTowaЖильRoomСпивБакиАудиПронМатаПервXVIIEsaiТепл
ЗагоForeоконтелеГалкGilbТрухЛЕНКАхмеPantудовOdetТолм
SaveБогатворХаббЗайцКнижЕвдоCandАлеквыруСтепунивДави
НекрЛемтErneChriЦентМордColiХакиавтозадаPionPionPion
DaviкнигТопоTarcWilhДубрпредпостслушсоглThomавтоtuchkas
ЧичеПрок
Paradise Island [maldives] 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world!
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum