Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ » Driving Range
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Driving Range 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:49 pm Reply with quote
julie louise
Hello All,
Does anybody know if the Driving Range is open? I read on MeeruChat that is was closed this September.

Many Thanks
Julie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:36 am Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
it was closed for repairs/maint......noted that someone complained (they probalby didnt even play golf LOL Laughing ) and is up back up and running....

keep a grip on the club Exclamation my sweaty hands had my driver on the 100m point Rolling Eyes

steve Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:23 am Reply with quote
Slikchic
Yes, my hubby dragged me there in November, he can't normally keep away from the game for more that a few days! But it was quite funny watching the lizards trying to dodge the golf balls!! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Mark
I think that following the disaster on Boxing Day last year it appears that everybody has been pulling out the stops to get all resorts affected back to an acceptable standard. Bearing in mind some Indonesians are still living in boxes following the tsunami I think the lack of a golf driving range isnt too high on the priority list....even if it is a resort island relying on holiday makers for their living. Lets get things in perspective!

I think the Aussies view on us Brits is sadly accurate.......Whinging Poms!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Mark
An abbreviated reply to cover your points raised Glow. Fore-armed is fore-warned as far as problems on the Island are concerned, and it is up to the individual to deal with what THEY deem to be a problem. It is probable that something I may see as a problem would not phase anyone else. This is not someone with a dose of 'I'M ALL RIGHT JACKITIS' it is simple common sense, we all have different views and tolerance levels.

The Maldives Gov't are not the only ones in the world to pay a pittance in wages..........check out most of Asia,Africa,South America and the sweat shop areas of good old Blighty. Market forces/local economy etc. If the workers in Meeru were paid the UK rate then the conversion of the standard rooms is'nt the only thing that will force the holiday prices up. Pay parity across the world is a non-starter. The standard way to show dissatisfaction is to boycott the offending company/regime. Hmm there's a thought...........not really,I am still going for my 3 weeks in the sun.

Here endeth the lesson.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
julie louise
thanks everyone for your replies. Very Happy . Of course the tsunami was a tragic and devasting event. As we are arriving on Meeru Boxing Day, last Years events will be in our thoughts.
As for the Driving Range being open or not, when you are entertaing 2 teens on an Island i just wanted to find out. I thought that was the idea of the FAQ Confused

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:08 am Reply with quote
katie13good
Hi this is Katie's Mum, supposedly working from home, addicted to this site and ridiculously over excited!! Don't worry about entertaining the teens, my two had a fantastic time in Kuredu last year, amazing how much entertainment they can get out of snorkelling with turtles! Must do some work and then I can start packing... yippeeee!
Ps We were there when the Tsunami happened and felt it was really important to go back and support the tourist industry
Driving Range 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ