Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ » Dodgy Animals
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Dodgy Animals 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote
off2theblue
What do I need to watch out for on land and in the sea?, are there snakes on the land ?. Heard dodgy things not to be messing with in the water as stone / lion fish and very innocent looking cone shells, I know there are sharks but heard they are harmless enough,is it safer wandering about in the sea with something on your feet as to not step on anything that might kill you Laughing .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
off2theblue
As this thing here is a bit off putting Confused http://www.deeperblue.net/article.php/506/13
This all stems from my lonely planet maldives guide and discovering lots of nasties.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Michelle & Phil
Shocked Think I will stay well away from these. Haven't come across this before. Maybe someone else is aware of this or any other danger not mentioned before! My advice to anything, look but don't touch!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
off2theblue
I hadnt heard of them before either until I got my lonely planet guide then searched for cone shell in maldives n brought up a few results, so no dont touch just look, think il be wearing summit on my feet too. Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:35 pm Reply with quote
stephen fell
Hello,

Just have fun, i was in meeru in June/July and had so much fun in the sea, i was swimming and saw lots of different things like sharks, rays and sea snakes but as long as you dont bother them they wont bother you.

Look out for Lion fish very, very dangerous but they look great Smile

Have a good time, snorkling around the JWV is great 701 has a bit of a reef near it and loads of box/ puffer fish Smile

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ