Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ » SriLankan Airlines
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
SriLankan Airlines 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
off2theblue
The planes look very cool on thier websites, seat back tv's and all Very Happy has anyone been with them before as there doesnt seem to bemust discussion about them on here just Monarch etc. Were flying with SriLankan Airlines in 3 weeks. Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote
jeanie
We flew with them last year and are flying with them again this march, it was a really good flight and yes all seats have backseat tvs with a good selection of films and games . We particularly liked the seat formation of 2-4-2 and there is more leg space than monarch.Also if you join their flying club you can prebook your seats over the phone when you receive your tickets, we did that last year and were given seat numbers for both flights. Only downside was the return flight is via Sri Lanka so its an early start .However as we have flown monarch and refused to go with them again we were very happy with Sri Lankan Airlines although as i am not that fond of curries i will take a sandwich with me this time Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quote
off2theblue
Ahhh your post is just the question I have been mulling over myslef, we want window seats and the only way we have thought is to try and be there 1st and request window seats if we are first there, do you know if you can do this, also how much is it to join the club?.
Iain Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
off2theblue
Just looking on their website http://www.srilankan.lk/ but cant find the club bit, anyone help me out, im feeling a bit thick today ha ha, must be the lack of sleep due to excitement. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quote
richard63
Try www.srilankan.aero and go to skyawards hope this helps

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
off2theblue
Right...now found what I think is the club, is it this by any chance ?
http://www.skywards.com
Only thing is in the terms and conditions it says this

Pre-assigned seating
To ensure as much comfort and enjoyment as possible during the journey, passengers can specifically request any particular seat at the time of booking, in any class of travel, subject to availability. And as a Skywards member*, you are able to record your preference for an aisle or window seat, and this will be accommodated whenever possible.

Specific seat request will be guaranteed up to 45 minutes before departure for First Class passengers, up to 60 minutes for Business Class passengers and up to 90 minutes for Economy Class passengers.

For safety reasons, seats alongside the emergency exit can only be assigned at the airport, and preference for bulkhead seats will be given to passengers with infants.

*******THIS IS THE BIT I WAS WORRIED ABOUT >>>>

*On SriLankan Airlines pre-assigned seating is available to Skywards Blue members travelling Business Class. For Silver and Gold pre-assigned seating is available irrespective of any class they travel. Pre-assigned seats in Business Class will be released 50 minutes prior to departure and 90 minutes for Economy Class.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:04 am Reply with quote
richard63
Try Phoining the English office number and ask them we are also traveling on Sri lankan and they were very helpfull the number is

Tel: +44 208 538 2001 (Reservations & Ticketing)

+44 208 538 2015 / 2034 (Sales & Marketing)

Fax: +44 208 572 3808

E-mail: lon.sales@srilankan.aero
SriLankan Airlines 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ