Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » "The Lounge" » Having a stopover in Dubai ? Then try this.
Having a stopover in Dubai ? Then try this. 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quote
pinklady
Same sort of theme as the Meeru video I produced.

Dubai Desert Dune Safari -

This is a must watch for anybody looking to stop over in Dubai and fancies the Dune Safari.

Again this movie is set to music -

www.cynet.dsl.pipex.com/DubaiDunes.wmv

Cheers

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:54 am Reply with quote
ImpJac
Another great Video Chris...
I myself would not like that Shocked even though I drive a 4x4 Confused

Too scary for me
Am thinking of Dubai this September, but don't know if all the building work will put me off.

Chas mentioned the Hyatt Rengency in Egypt the other day and I have now been looking into that and it's promising.

Great music again to suit the Video Very Happy

Jacqui

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:27 am Reply with quote
pinklady
When we stopped over last year on the way home, we stayed at the Sheraton Jumeriah Beach. Its the furthest away hotel from the city centre but in the heart of the new marina project.

To be honest, we were completely surrounded by building work but we didnt notice it. Our room was a sea view so all the building work was behind us.

There certainly wasnt as much noise as you would have expected.

Yeah the 4x4 driving was a little hairy, I used to do that sort of stuff when I stayed in Qatar when I was 18. Being in the passenger seat 10 years on made me rather nervous but our driver Ali was excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Felix7
Hi

We love Meeru - had our third visit Feb 18-5 March. However, we also stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Sharm last June for a week, and liked it so much we went back for a week in September. The nightlife in the hotel is pretty non-existent, but you can take a free courtesy bus into Naama Bay in the evenings or get a very cheap taxi (and eating out in town is very cheap). The hotel itself is lovely, with three pools and pool butlers (!), but the main selling point for us is the fact that it's on The Gardens dive site - you literally walk to the end of the jetty, jump in and you're snorkelling on a fantastic reef, and much as I like Meeru, manta rays aside the snorkelling is far superior to Meeru. The coral is also much prettier with more vibrant colours. Would definitely go back again, but not sure we should keep going back to the same places!!! Mind you, the older you get I think it's the case that you know what you like and you like what you know - and at least there are no nasty surprises that way!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:31 am Reply with quote
ImpJac
Thanks for that Felix, sounds right up my street, its looking good for the end of August Very Happy

Jacqui

Having a stopover in Dubai ? Then try this. 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » "The Lounge"