Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Announcements » Email safety
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Email safety 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Graham
Site Admin
Hi all,

Thanks to a complaint from a forum member (who shall remain nameless but you know who you are, thank you) an issue has recently been identified whereby an individual who is banned from this forum has sent email messages to forum members, using the members' email addresses shown on the memberlist and elsewhere on the site. This activity has since been verified by a third party.

The email sent has been derogatory to the good-natured members of this forum, making accusations of such things as covering-up of issues, slating of negative posts, putting a "spin" on problems, and of course directing visitors to his own website where he further persists in bringing the integrity of this forum and its members into question.

The disclosure of your email address on this forum is entirely optional and can be switched on or off by editing the "Always show my e-mail address" option in your Profile, which can be accessed from the menu near the top of the site.

I will attempt to create a solution whereby I can automatically hide all email addresses, but in the meantime please consider whether you wish to have your email address visible and edit your profile as appropriate.

As a final note, I would like to mention that I am proud to run this forum, and I have endless thanks for the countless individuals who spend huge amounts of their spare time helping newcomers to make the most of their Meeru holiday.

[Please direct any discussion to the duplicate thread on the Lounge forum]

Thanks as always,

Graham Very Happy
Solution 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Graham
Site Admin
Hi again all,

Further to my original message, I have now implemented a solution whereby email addresses are hidden, regardless of the preference selected in individual profiles.

The only time your email address should now be visible to another forum member is when that member is a recipient of a Private Message from yourself.

Many thanks,

Graham
Email safety 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Announcements