Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello! » hello im new!!
hello im new!! 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Vicki&Nick
hello everyone! Very Happy

we're going to Meeru for our honeymoon on 16th september 2007 and we're having a Land Villa Smile

just thought i'd introduce ourselves Smile

Vicki and Nick xxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
maggie
Hi Vicki & Nick

welcome to the forum

I am sure that you will have a great time on here..it is so friendly and helpful

time will fly and before you know it your wedding and Meeru will be here

all the best

maggie Wink

[/url]

bear with me as I am blonde,and am awaiting next vacation
[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Tim & Anj
Welcome to the forum. Very Happy

Ill second what Maggies says...this is one of the friendliest forums Ive ever been on. Very Happy

We havent been to Meeru (its on our list though) but its still a great site to chat and share jokes, hobbies and achievements in addition to chatting about Meeru. Wink

Best wishes
Anj
xx
Another Anj!!! 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Supa Scuba
Hi Tim and Anj,
Pleased to find there is someone else who has adopted our spelling! We go back to about 1971. Ours came about because my wife to be (then), named Angela of course, hated both Angela and the common short version of Angie and preferred to be known as Ang for short. When she was at college they all had their names on their room doors and some wag put an "F" in front to make Fang. I came up with the solution of changing the spelling to Anj which overcame the problem and was phonetically better. That has stuck to this day - we still sometimes have to explain it but it makes sense to us!! We have never come across anyone else using this spelling to now (there was the Rolling Stones Anji-close but not good enough!!) and in October we go to Meeru with 33 years of marriage under our belts to be surrounded I think by Honeymoon couples - apart that is from Humble Jim and Pam!
How did you get to Anj or was that your given name?
BTW our surname is Martin and I have a pathological hatred of the spelling Martyn!! So there's consistency!
Dave

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Rae
Hello Vicki and Nick!

This has been SUCH a helpful and friendly site for us. We go to Meeru in Feb'07 and so far this site has helped us with loads of things.
I didn't think injections would be all that neccessary but after getting everyone's thoughts we had ours done last week.(painless - almost Smile )
All the little things like, not bothering with high heels, tipping the waiters, food, spa treatments etc. Its just great! And I just love reading the trip reports and looking at the photos.
Although our holiday is months away we can really enjoy the lead up to it because of this site. So welcome and a very big thanks everyone Smile
Rae x
Re: Another Anj!!! 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Tim & Anj
Supa Scuba wrote:
Hi Tim and Anj,
Pleased to find there is someone else who has adopted our spelling! We go back to about 1971. Ours came about because my wife to be (then), named Angela of course, hated both Angela and the common short version of Angie and preferred to be known as Ang for short. When she was at college they all had their names on their room doors and some wag put an "F" in front to make Fang. I came up with the solution of changing the spelling to Anj which overcame the problem and was phonetically better. That has stuck to this day - we still sometimes have to explain it but it makes sense to us!! We have never come across anyone else using this spelling to now (there was the Rolling Stones Anji-close but not good enough!!) and in October we go to Meeru with 33 years of marriage under our belts to be surrounded I think by Honeymoon couples - apart that is from Humble Jim and Pam!
How did you get to Anj or was that your given name?
BTW our surname is Martin and I have a pathological hatred of the spelling Martyn!! So there's consistency!
Dave

Oooh I say dave Shocked How bizarre Very Happy

If Im honest i cant remember when i changed the spelling of my name really. Confused I know that Ive never liked the name Angela and even worse 'Angie" (makes me shudder) I also dont really like (and I dont know why) the spelling of Ange! The sound yes, the spelling No. God Im strange!!! Confused

My man and my parents call me Angelina! which again i dont like! but I think thats why they say it! Cruel people they are. I have to say though that my mans parents (mother in law to be etc) have always called me Angie and I cringe but have sort of got used to it ( I think Confused )

Anyway, nice to here about another Anj and of course you too Dave. We havent been to Meeru but have been to Kuredu. Booked to go to Fihalhohi next year just for the diving and snorkelling....oh and the spa Wink

This is a lovely forum full of friendly people.

Best wishes

Anj (LOL)
hello im new!! 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello!