Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Links » Meeru village
Meeru village 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Sarahg
After hours of searching on the internet I have finally booked our holiday to meeru in January. One thing I am concerned about after logging onto this forum is that I have now found out that Meeru village no longer exists! I booked to stay at the meeru village only yesterday as we wanted to stay in the child free part of the island and eat in the restaurant on that part of the island too. Does anyone know anything more about this? And where is best to request our jacuzzi villa to be situated?
Many Thanks
Sarah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Sarah

I have been to Meeru very recently and made enquiries about the very matter you mentioned along with other subjects. You might not have noticed the article I posted containing the answers you need but you can access it by clicking on the link below,

http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3255

Welcome to the forum by the way Very Happy !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Sarahg
Many thanks for your help. I have been wanting to go to the maldives for years so I have just been trying to make sure everything is perfect....
After reading more in this forum I am now wondering where is actually best to stay. We have booked a jacuzzi villa and I have just seen your photos of the new ones, are the old ones that much different and what do you recommend?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
The old ones have the same 'feature count' as the new, if you will, but there is a significant difference in style between the new JVs and the older ones. This doesn't make one variety any 'worse' than the other though.

The new ones (the 100s) have that very modern look you can see in the photos of them. The old ones (the 600s) have less straight edges in them, shall we say, but they're really cosy nonetheless. The 600s have a bigger area at the back, a 'garden' zone with split level decking. But the 600s have bathroom fitments that are more dated than the new ones - you don't get the his and her basins in them. So it's swings and roundabouts...

Which do I recommend ? Really, really, hard one that, it's all down to matters of personal taste. Historically we've always been in the 600s, and become very used to them, but until a month ago there were no new JVs so I have to admit I'm still mulling hard on this one myself. They're both outstanding types of accommodation. In all honesty if I was new to Meeru and had booked a JV I'd simply accept what they assign you on arrival. It's very, very, likely you will immediately bond with the room.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Sarahg
Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Sarah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Sarahg
Is that a genuine question or do I detect a note of sarcasm? Laughing
I have searched for a number of topics since this question and have found the forum to be an extremely useful tool to use in this way. However, at the time of this topic I had only just found the forum and was unsure of how it all worked. So if your question was in relation to the ease of use of the search option I would say search away its great!
Meeru village 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Links