Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello! » Hi all, new to the forum!
Hi all, new to the forum! 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Chris & Kathrin
Hi everyone! Smile

We're seriously considering Meeru for our honeymoon next July ( '08 ), and I'm soooo glad we found this forum - I've been lurking for a few days just reading + reading + reading, and have finally gotten around to signing up + joining in the fun!

Quick bit about us - Kathrin's 25 in 4 weeks or so and a Nurse, and I'm 28 year old IT Techie. We live down in South East Kent - usually pretty nice, and now a touch of the old white stuff, but nothing to complain about!! If there's anything else you'd like to know about us, just shout!

I'd just like to say thanks to the site admins for putting this forum up - it's a fantastic idea, and thanks to everyone who's taking part - most of our questions have been answered in one place - saves having to trawl around 30+ sites!!!

Just need to make sure when we book (that sounds half definite, doesn't it!!) we put a special request in for a High 600's Jacuzzi Villa, and then email Meeru nearer the time to re-request it directly with the resort Smile Just a shame H&J aren't taking bookings yet for the dates we want Sad

Well, I've bored you enough already, so I'll go + read some more Smile

TTFN!
Chris.

Last edited by Chris & Kathrin on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quote
surfinsandie
Welcome to the Forum Chris & Kathrin Very Happy

This a fantastic Forum & everybody is so helpful.

Been back from Meeru for a week now..... Crying or Very sad it was wonderful.

Regards.

Sandie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Chris & Kathrin
Thanks for the welcome, Sandie Very Happy

surfinsandie wrote:

It certainly sounds like it was! I really loved the report, and can say without doubt that I'd have had problems keeping my drink in my mouth if I'd seen what you had!!!! Laughing

I'm pretty certain I'm going to be saronged whilst I'm out there - they don't look silly at all on a bloke Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Mark
Quote:
Just a shame H&J aren't taking bookings yet for the dates we want

Both our trips to Meeru were booked via First Choice, who are the same company as Hayes and Jarvis.

We were able to pre-book so that when the brouchure came out our details were already on file and we got what we wanted. Suggest you try that at your travel agent.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Chris & Kathrin
Thanks for the advice, Mark Smile

Last time I tried to talk to the travel agents (First Choice Travel Shop), they told me that they couldn't do anything about a July 08 booking until Late March / Early April at the earliest. Having said that, that was a couple of months ago - probably worth wandering into town on Saturday + re-questioning them Very Happy

Yep, H&J being part of the First Choice Group of Companies was a must. I'm a plane freak (freak is the only word for it!!), and had pretty much decided that wherever we went, it would have to be on an FCA flight. I've never had any problems with them, they have decent leg room even in Economy (sorry, Star Class), they fly out of the (IMHO Wink) nicer terminal at Gatwick, and a lot of other reasons too!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Mark
Have to agree re: FCA. Always happy with their level of service, even back in the good old days of AIR2000!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Chris & Kathrin
Mark wrote:
Have to agree re: FCA. Always happy with their level of service, even back in the good old days of AIR2000!

Especially!! I really miss that Air2000 livery down the side of the planes Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Mark
Sad that I am.......I have a model of the Boeing 767 in Air 2000 livery. The plane we first flew in on our first trip to the Maldives.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Chris & Kathrin
Nice!

Which style? The old one?
http://eu.airliners.net/photos/small/8/9/5/0937598.jpg

Or the newer one, just before the change to FCA?
http://eu.airliners.net/photos/small/4/2/3/0773324.jpg

There's nothing sad about owning plane models Very Happy

EDIT: Airliners.net no longer allows direct image in forum linking Sad

Last edited by Chris & Kathrin on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Mark
From 2001. A thin multi-colour band between bottom of windows and top of wing, with same random slash of colours on tailplane. AIR2000 in words behind drivers door.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Chris & Kathrin
That's the better one of the 2, I feel. However, now they're FCA, the current livery's quite good - matching with the electric uniforms!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quote
nik3100
welcome

Im from the South East and will be getting married in July of this year.
Have fun on this site, its got everything you need

and then some LOL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote
surfinsandie
Chris & Kathrin wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, Sandie Very Happy

surfinsandie wrote:

It certainly sounds like it was! I really loved the report, and can say without doubt that I'd have had problems keeping my drink in my mouth if I'd seen what you had!!!! Laughing

I'm pretty certain I'm going to be saronged whilst I'm out there - they don't look silly at all on a bloke Smile

Cheers Chris,

Without wanting to offend anyone, it was a sight to behold Shocked

Hey what's sarong with that Surprised Surprised David loved wearing his, shame its going to end up as a drape at then end of the bed Crying or Very sad p.s we asked for advice from the staff regarding keeping the said garment in tact, one suggested, believe it or not - a belt Shocked It took me 15 minutes to sort David's out - his sarong Embarassed

Sandie