Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Diving and Snorkelling » Diving newbie
Diving newbie 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
afemrobe31
Hi guys Me and my husband to be will be diving newbies when we go to the Maldives but we both want to give it a go!! Can anyone give me more info as to what training they offer and what happens on the diving trips if you are new to diving? Many thanks

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Mr Plum
hey there, don't know what the details will be exactly in the maldives, but you'll most likely have a choice of diving options. You'll be diving with PADI instructors, so most folk plump for a try dive (a bob around in the ocean under direct supervision) and/or the open water diving course - usually 3 to 4 days, and a combination of practical and theory training.

It's pretty straightforward, so don't sweat it, get down the dive shop and have a chat with them...then if you like it come home and join your local BSAC club in the UK Smile

For more details on the PADI training take a look on the PADI website Smile
diving 
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote
sid407
Hi.... I got in contact with the dive centre a couple of weeks ago and they have forwarded a price list to me..... i think this is the same one that is on their website (dated 01.11.0Cool The cost to do an open water padi course is $698, this includes your equipment hire, books etc. they have stated that it takes 4-5 days including theory and diving..... i think it will be less time than that as we did it in Aruba last year and we completed it in 2 and half days...... all the info about dive sites etc can be found on the ocean-pro web site...

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:09 am Reply with quote
afemrobe31
thanks for the replies guys! cant wait to go now!! Very Happy

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote
Kev & Jo
If you are just thinking of trying diving then Discover Scuba Diving is the best way to go.

If you definately know you want to dive you can do your classroom and pool work in the UK before you go, saves you spending holiday in a classroom. Ocean-pro then do something called a referal course which gives you your open water qualification after 4 dives in the sea.
Diving newbie 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Diving and Snorkelling