Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello! » Mike C.....and Julie
Mike C.....and Julie 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote
maria & mike
I know your reading this.....

3 weeks & 6 days to go!!! Cool

Friends for life, thanks to this forum and a chance meeting as regards to sitting at the same table for dinner on our first Meeru visit!

Here`s to our third Meeru holiday together.....the fun starts at Gatwick Wink

Maria & Mike x

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:48 am Reply with quote
maria & mike

Last edited by maria & mike on Mon May 10, 2010 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote
lu lu
awww that's so nice

we shall hopefully meet you too Very Happy

3 weeks and 3 days YAY!!!

HAPPY TIMES

XX

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Mike C
Thanks guys for reminding us. Embarassed

We've been so busy recently on our farewell tour of League One - celebrating promotion, partying with Delia and Michael, then the championship, trophy presentation etc and it all seems to have gone on for weeks. bounce bounce cheers

Anyway, now down to the serious stuff – our holiday and catching up with everything on the forum. We’re both looking forward to returning to Meeru – this will be visit number seven – and especially to meeting up with you two again. Laughing As you say, that first conversation when I knew you were forum members but you didn’t have a clue that we were too – classic jaw dropping. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope everything’s well with you and see you at Gatwick. Cool

For anyone else travelling to Meeru in June – don’t worry about the weather. The weather forecast you see is for Male, about 45km away from Meeru. We’ve been to Meeru in June every year since 2004 and we quite simply wouldn’t go if the weather was as bad as the forecast shows.

See you there too, lu lu. I’m sure it will be great. sunny sunny

Mike and Julie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:40 am Reply with quote
lu lu
Mike C wrote:

We've been so busy recently on our farewell tour of League One - celebrating promotion, partying with Delia and Michael, then the championship, trophy presentation etc and it all seems to have gone on for weeks. bounce bounce cheers

Anyway, now down to the serious stuff – our holiday and catching up with everything on the forum. We’re both looking forward to returning to Meeru – this will be visit number seven – and especially to meeting up with you two again. Laughing As you say, that first conversation when I knew you were forum members but you didn’t have a clue that we were too – classic jaw dropping. Laughing Laughing Laughing

For anyone else travelling to Meeru in June – don’t worry about the weather. The weather forecast you see is for Male, about 45km away from Meeru. We’ve been to Meeru in June every year since 2004 and we quite simply wouldn’t go if the weather was as bad as the forecast shows.

Mike and Julie

yes see you there mike IF we can get there.
I'm so worried fingers crossed everything will be ok for us & anybody travelling soon

x

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
spence84
Mike C wrote:

Mike and Julie

Hi Mike

We are flying from Gatwick on the June 6th, 3 weeks today to be exact Smile When are you flying and with what airline?

I'm glad that you mentioned the weather being good, as it does put a little concern in the back on my mind about being the wet season.

Spence

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Mike C
Hi Spence

We fly on June 6th too, Cool with H&J but on the Thomson/First Choice flight TOM054 at 18:00. Maria & Mike are on the same flight too! Laughing

Every time we go people are concerned about the weather. There was a little friction on this forum last year when someone due to go at the same time as us panicked completely and cancelled at the last minute. Rolling Eyes

To set your mind at rest - at least as far as anyone can - here's a link to the trip report I sent when we came back. You might understand the emphasis on the weather points Wink

http://www.meeru.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10119

Fingers crossed that everything goes as well this time - see you there!

Mike

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
spence84
Hi Mike,

We've got a little headstart on you then, we fly 14:25, Not sure if you are flying direct but we've got a scheduled stop in Dubai for 3 hrs. So you may or may not pass us Rolling Eyes

Just look at the link you sent. Good report. Pictures are great.

Spence

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Mike C
Hi Spence,

You should arrive ahead of us then, but not by much!!

I 've had a trawl back through last year's pictures and there's a video of a light shower one evening that might interest you. Just make sure your sound is on 'cause there isn't much to see!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40074650@N03/4622852922/

This was outside our room - it is the rainy season after all.

Mike
Mike C.....and Julie 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello!