Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello! » Hi all - another Maldives first timer here
Hi all - another Maldives first timer here 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quote
kevinm
Morning all
Like many others, am a newbie here. Have read the reports on trip advisor but a web site dedicated to the places is excellent.
Me and my beautiful fiance are flying out from Gatwick to Male on 29th August and cant wait. The reports are incredible that you all write and Im like a cat on a hot tin roof - waiting impatiently for the day.
Not that Im counting but I can give you it in days and hours if you want!!
The photos look incredible. The sea - is it warm? Can you really swim with the fish? It just looks like heaven and paradise all rolled into one.
Heres to the 29th and 37 more sleeps!
Kev Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
sams
Welcome to the forum kevinm,

Meeru really is fantastic, the sea is very warm and snorkelling with the fish is a great fun. sunny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
thesidmouth2
Welcome

Yes the sea is warm, its a warmer than your body temp so feels lovely. The fish are everywhere. Take your own snorkel and mask but hire the flippers if you have not already got them. We do take our own but its the same every time, weight in the case!!! who is going to take them in their case and not take as many clothes.

You and your beautiful finance will love the island. What accommodation have you booked?

Why not set up your ticker thingy. it will count the days for you. The instructions etc are in the in the General Discussion. Key Days to Meeru calculator into the search bit and it will bring them up for you to set it in your signature.

Have a lovely time

Linda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
kevinm
Hi - I cant tell you to be honest as I forget where my better half and I will be staying. She booked it for us - kinda like doing the honeymoon first and get married sometime next year. Just a couple of 40 something year olds wanting an incredibly romantic time together in paradise. I know its on dry land as im not that swift looking at gaps between wooden planks - not looking forward to the boat transfer - thats nerve wracking enough. Yet I love swimming and will happily bob around in the sea. I have this thing about loving being in the sky (Im a glider pilot) and can sit up there for hours riding thermals alone, but bobbing on a boat.... less said. I will go on the trips though cause if they are important to my beautiful fiance, then I will take a couple of tablets and go along.
Staying at a hotel night before just outside country club - got parking there for the two weeks included in the over night bed and breakfast price. use their pool, gym etc and then head to LGW - three miles away with extra leg room seats paid for and ready to chill.
Kev
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
shay & Danny
kevin, hope you have a fantastic time with your partner.

Have a great holiday

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
1983_Sarah
Welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Meeru May 2005
Meeru June 2009
Meeru 2010
Vilamendhoo 2011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:57 am Reply with quote
snorkel buddies
Hi Kevin

We have always found that after such a long flight and the build up of excitment we actually forget that we are even on a boat crossing. We were there a few weeks ago and we were just sitting there looking for dolphins and looking at all of the other islands as we past them and after about 40 minutes we were both just scanning ahead for our first glimpse of the Asian Wok ....best sight ever!! Meeru is such an amazig place, take in every moment.

Enjoy

Donna