Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello! » Hello everyone. Off to Meeru on the 31st oct
Hello everyone. Off to Meeru on the 31st oct 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
albienev
Hello everyone. My name is Geoff.

Im new on here. I love reading everyone experiances. I cant wait until I go. We are flying from Gatwick with BA on the 31st October. Its the first time myself and my partner are going.

Im going there with my partner and 2 two friends for my 30th Birthday! I be there for my birthday on the 4th November and we fly home on the 8th Sad

We have got villas next door to each other over the water.

For you guys who have been before. what is the best resturant on the island we can go on my birthday for a lovely meal.

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
thesidmouth2
Hi Geoff and friends.

We are also on that flight.

What a perfect way to spend your 30th birthday.

My husbands birthday is on the 7th November so we will probably go to the Wok. In 2008 we spent his birthday there, we booked the tipenakki (sp?) and the waiters sang happy birthday to him. It was so special. How they found out I don't know because we did not tell them.

Why not try the Hot Rocks restaurant. I hear that its very good for a special meal. Its been instlled since we were last there so don't know ourselves if its better than the Wok.

Are you in the Jacuzzi water villas? They are beautiful. (the 700 are anyway as we stayed in one in 2006)

Set up your ticker thing - may have to do a search on the instructions to work out how to do it. It takes me two goes to get it right. Then you can let the excitement build.

May see you there.

Linda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
albienev
Hi Linda.

Thanks for replying
Thats great your on the same flight. small world. We havent picked our seats yet.

I have heard that the Hot Rock restuarant is a nice one to go to. I think we will go there on my birthday.

Yeh we are in the Jacuzzi Water Villas. fingers cross we get the 700's.

what are you and your husband staying in?

whats the Ticker thing Linda? is it something we need to do before we go?

Geoff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote
thesidmouth2
look on my post and there is a ticker factory thing at the bottom that counts down the weeks to your day of departure. Ours was on 13 months when we booked. Now less than 2 months. there are instructions on the forum, you may need to do a search and then follow the instrcutions. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! So excited!

We are staying in the water villas again. As I said we did the JWV's the first time because they were the offer we went for. In 2008 we decided it was a bit pricey so tried the WV to ensure we ate in the Maalan restaurant as we wanted to meet up with Faz again (one of the waiters). Now we prefer them. Since we were there they have been upgraded and have Jacuzzi, and the infinity pool has been built. So lots of new things to see.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Say Hello!