Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » 1st timer just back
1st timer just back 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
natalie w
Flew back into Heathrow last thursday after a wonderful week on Meeru.
Hubby and I left the kiddies at home for 6 nights to celebrate my 30th Birthday.
Flew out with air sri lanka. Paid an extra 50 each at the airport and upgraded to the premium cabin bulk head seats. Wouldn't bother wasting your money on 1st class, the seats are like the old fashioned armchairs your nan would have that recolned slightly!
Had to wait an hour for the transfer, transfer was an experiance to say the least! Was like riding for an hour on a big jet ski, you feel every bump!
No problems with overbooking for us although i did witness lots of tense conversations at the reception and we have 2 flyers during our stay advertising the free crusie to fee up some rooms.
We stayed in JWV 713, lovely room, only wished we have requested an even number as we would have had the sun all afternoon.We got to look round the JWV on the south side and i actually preferred them. They had not had the modern refurb but layout wise it was loads better. The platform to the sea when straight of thr balcony, with the north side villas you had to go through the bathroom to the jacuzzi area and off the steps there.
Food was great, not complaints at all.
AI drinks were a little limited but we weren't there to get trashed every night so made no difference to us.
Loads of marine life, have never seen so many crabs in my life!!!
Ladies, def leave the high heels at home, in fact i think i only wore shoes if we were walking down to the other end of the island in the evening.
I had 1 spa treatment whilst i was there. $100 for a sun soul tan maximiser. After an indulgent massage which lasted 75 mins i was told NOT to applu sunscreen for 12 hours as the cream she had applied would protect me. Well after 45 mins in the sun I was a crimson red from head to toe! Didn't complain but in hindsight wished i had mentioned it if only as a warning to anyone else tempted by the promise of a deep golden tan!
Very lucny with the weather, we had 2 downpours but both were in the evening.
Transfer back to Male was on a bigger boat so was less uncomfortable. A 2 hour delay made for a long flight home but we loved every minute!
Re: 1st timer just back 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Cheers for your trip report, Natalie. Most interesting read. It's always fascinating to see what impression newcomers get of the island.

natalie w wrote:
...We stayed in JWV 713, lovely room, only wished we have requested an even number as we would have had the sun all afternoon...

You may have struggled to stay exposed that long be honest! It gets very, very hot on those West facing verandas from just as Sun gets over them right up 'til sunset. Forget 'crimson' you would have been toasted there Laughing .

We've stayed in even and odd 700s and I reckon we were able to spend rather more time on the odd's East facing decking.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Ann & Forbes
Thanks for the trip report, always nice to hear of other peoples views and experiences of their trip to Meeru! Glad you had a lovely holiday!
A & F

[/url]
Meeru February 2011, 2012 & 2014,
Komandoo October 2016 & 2017
Komandoo December 2018

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote
lynnandy
Hi Natalie just read your report so glad you enjoyed meeru my husband and i stayed at meeru in october 2008 we also was in jwv 713 i loved it and preferred the 700,s to the 300,s as we were at the quiter end of the island and also you did not have to share a table with anyone else in the dining room,we have just booked to go back to meeru in feb 2012 9 months 24 days to be exact to next visit we are staying jwv again and requested the 700,s again as its our 20th wedding anniversary cant wait.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Keith and Sherry
Hello, we are also first timers who returned two days ago, Monday 25th.

We booked the holiday as a family treat as we have 3 important birthdays this year, our youngest is 18, eldest 21 and I am 50.

Meeru far exeeded our expectations and we all had a fantastic holiday. We were in beach villas 211 and 212, went on several excursions, enjoyed brilliant weather, were looked after by the excellent Ahmed in the resturant, had a full moon buffet, saw the 12th inter-department football final (the football was of a very good standard), had a massage and snorkelled every day.

It is our 25 aniversary in 2013, so will most probably return then although there is ptressure to return next year.

Keith and Sherry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:41 am Reply with quote
LittleAlex
Just read your trip report, so glad you enjoyed Meeru. Thanks for the info about the cream and sun! Smile

[/url]
1st timer just back 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports