Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world! » Elterwater..
Elterwater.. 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
ivorfatarse
Just returned from this amazing part of the world.

We spent two nights at the elterwater park hotel run by Cornelia and Roger,can highly recommend.
We did a hike yesterday around elterwater starting at the Britannia pub (good ale and food) Very Happy some of the scenery just knocks you out. The weather did not put us off one bit as we have all the right gear so was like toast. After the hike we decided to drive around a bit and headed towards wast water, but it was getting late so we turned back as the heavens really did open,back to the pub Very Happy

So this morning i thought we would try again until i got to a fork in the lane which said wry nose(sp)pass, not good in winter extreme caution when driving and i got squeaky bum and headed for great langdale instead which was really mindblowing i want to live in the lakes!!
Donations welcome, can't wait to go back.

Si

Oh we did the struggle in the van as well Very Happy guy in the pub said he cycled up it Surprised Shocked

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
loobieloo
Love the lakes so does hubby but i am now not able to do the walks like i used to so we tend to stick to flat walks or minmal climbing (thank god).

Hubby does meet up with his mates at times and goes off doing the harder walks. Winter is the best time for walking there for me due to the scenery and as you say you wrap up warm although at times i have been down to a Tshirt (woman stuff) Embarassed

Glad you enjoyed it.

[/url]
Elterwater.. 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports from anywhere else in the world!