Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Photography » Underwater Disposable Cameras
Underwater Disposable Cameras 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Amanda&Matt
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has used the disposable underwater cameras?

We got 3 online made by Fuji for a decent price but when it was delivered it said do not put through the xray scanners. I read up on this and apparently they can damage the film and make it cloudy.

Has anyone gone thorugh numerous security checks with these cameras or know anyone who has? I heard in certain airports they will give them a hand inspection. We have to go Dub - Gat, Gat - Dubai then Dubai to Male so we will be passing through a lot of security checks & I guess we don't want all the photos to be ruined

Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Colin & Jenny
Yes I tried them on a diving trip at depth but the quality is only fair at best. Just treat them as a bit of fun and you won't go far wrong... Although that was the 2004 Meeru trip I'd be surprised if quality has improved.

In saying that I'll probably take another one to Meeru this Oct to help keep child amused.

No issues with film going through scanners.

Embudu July 2015
Vilamendhoo July 2016
Re: Underwater Disposable Cameras 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
BeeBee
Amanda&Matt wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has used the disposable underwater cameras?

We got 3 online made by Fuji for a decent price but when it was delivered it said do not put through the xray scanners. I read up on this and apparently they can damage the film and make it cloudy.

Has anyone gone thorugh numerous security checks with these cameras or know anyone who has? I heard in certain airports they will give them a hand inspection. We have to go Dub - Gat, Gat - Dubai then Dubai to Male so we will be passing through a lot of security checks & I guess we don't want all the photos to be ruined

Thanks Very Happy

You can hire underwater digi-camera's from the dive centre. Think they were around $30 a day. Might be worth it if you're worried about your underwater shots getting ruined. Just flicking through our holiday photos earlier... I have about 100 photos of the island and about 600 photos of fish! (much to my gf's annoyance!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Carro
We had a weeks holiday last year at Meeru and this year we are spending 2 weeks in August there. It is the most amazing place we have ever been so we are really looking forward to our next trip. I have scoured the Internet looking at the reviews and am surprised about the amount of comments regarding rats. You are on an island, you should expect to have some wildlife, bats included, in all towns and cities in England we share our island with foxes, rats and mice so what’s the difference. Just my thoughts on the subject.

We have used disposable cameras for the last few years on holidays and have always been disappointed with the results. We have tried various makes but they all seem to be the same because the colours are not true. Most the fish we saw seemed to merge into the background and so were difficult to make out. This year we have bought an Olympus Tough TG 10 has anyone used them underwater before?
Underwater Disposable Cameras 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Photography