Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Graham & Lisa's Honeymoon
Graham & Lisa's Honeymoon 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Graham&Lisa
On the 3rd of October we flew with Emirates to the Maldives for our third visit to Meeru for our Honeymoon. We flew from Manchester on the A380 which was an excellent flight and we couldn't fault the service which came complete with champagne & chocolates when the head steward found out it was our honeymoon.

We were greeted on arrival at Meeru with a deliciously cool coconut cocktail and cold towel which were just what we needed after travelling for over a day from Scotland via three airports.

We were allocated our room and were swiftly on our way to the high 700's. Our room was beautiful and our bed was adorned with hibiscus petals courtesy of our room boy Ali.

On arrival for our lunch on the first day we met Hussy who was our waiter the first time we visited Meeru and it was like we had never left as he remembered our names and over the course of the fortnight tried to teach Lisa a little Maldivian. It was here in the Maalan that we came across Humble Jim & his lovely wife Pam, and thus ensued lots of meal time chats. We saw Jim on our second visit in 2009 wandering round the island taking loads of the lovely photos that you see on the forum.

We spent many a lazy day snorkelling, sunbathing and chilling out by the pool, along with chatting to the charming Yovan about everything and anything at the Uthuru bar.

On our more energetic days we would walk round the island snapping away with the camera taking photos of the island's flora & fauna inc bats, crabs and lizards and anything that happened to appear at the time but still have not managed to see the elusive Maldivian water hen.

We were extremely sad to leave to come home but as I say you have to leave to come back.

And a special thank you to Solah for all his help.

Graham & Lisa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
Casey Jones
I love reading all of the trip reports posted on here. Whether it's an epic or just a few words they certainly hit the spot on a miserable day here in Cumbria.

Thanks for your feedback. We love the Emirates A380 also and we will be on it again in June Very Happy

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Glad you enjoyed the trip, thanks for taking the time to let others know

steve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
karyn
Your honeymoon sounds idyllic! I love reading trip reports too so thanks for taking the time to share the experience.

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Meeru Dreamer
Thank you Graham and Lisa for your holiday report. I loved reading it.

It reminded me, also, about the time I saw the water hen, on a walk by myself an hour before dusk, on the inner path that runs almost parallel with the 100s, on the way from the diving centre to the Asian Wok.

All the best,
Jill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Colin & Jenny
Congratulations and lovely to read your report.

Embudu July 2015
Vilamendhoo July 2016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
rickc
Belated thanks for taking the time to do another trip report. There's always a huge audience here for an insight into other people's Meeru experience !
Graham & Lisa's Honeymoon 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports