Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Jo and Deans 1st visit - 1st-11th May 2013
Jo and Deans 1st visit - 1st-11th May 2013 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Jo84
Our holiday of a lifetime started on 30th April flying from Manchester airport via Doha at 14:50 with Qatar Airways.

We booked our holiday with Hayes and Jarvis and was given complimentary access to the lounge which was a lovely start to the long journey ahead. We enjoyed a few drinks and made our way to the gate a little tipsy. The flight was great with no delays at either airport and before we knew it we were in The Maldives! We had to wait around 40 minutes for the boat which was no problem as it gave us time to stretch our legs.

Fast forward around 50 minutes and we stepped onto paradise at around 11am. We were welcomed with a cocktail and refreshing towel prior to our lovely Thomson rep Dave introducing himself. I had previously requested a room in the low 200s as these seem to be fairly common on this site, but we were given 233, this room was also ready for us straight away which was good! The room was great, perfect position on the beach with little vegetation in front, we were both over the moon.

We unpacked, freshened up, kicked our shoes off and hit the Dhoni bar for one of the highly recommended iced coffees, wow, wow, wow!!! This was soon our daily ritual for the next 10 days.

Dean had decided prior to going to Meeru that he wanted to learn to dive so did his open water in the UK. He then decided to do his advanced on Meeru, so this was the 1st thing in which we arranged. The dive staff were fantastic, he did the majority of his dives with Flo, they got on brilliantly. ( he actually told me that the dives in which he did were the best times of his life, obviously after our wedding 3 yrs ago) Smile

I had a treatment up at over water spa a few days after we arrived, it was heavenly although I was a little sun burnt!

The food at the Farivalhu restaurant was gorgeous, we didn't have one bad meal! We usually get quite bored with all-inc buffets but the choice was varied. Our waiter for our duration was Adhil, what a guy! We also ate at the Asian Wok one night, the food was delish and would definitely reccoment the chicken tandoori.

Our room fairy, I cannot remember his name was also wonderful, our room was constantly spotless, and found the turn down service in the evening a nice touch.

The entertainment in the Kakuni bar was varied, we enjoyed the band on the Wednesday nights the best, they are absolutely fantastic and not to be missed! There music ranges from Bob Marley to Adele to ACDC!!

We met up with some great people while on Meeru of whom we will keep in touch with. I also briefly met Sarah and her husband Paul and Denise and her daughter Sarah from the forum - Hi both x x

Prior to our holiday the thought of lizards, crabs, rats and ants really made by skin crawl, but after a few days I was immune - just for ref we only spotted one little rat in the 10 days.

I could go on and on with my report but don't want to send you all asleep so will put an end to it here........

Meeru was fantastic, has definitely pulled at our heart strings and we hope to return one day in the near future x x

xxxx

Last edited by Jo84 on Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
sams
Sounds like Meeru has worked it's magic on you sunny

Thanks for the report I love reading them all.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Humble Jim
Great report Very Happy.

...and you're spot on about the tandoori at the Wok. I love the chicken tandoori, but they also do the best tandoori prawns in the world too!

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
karyn
A brilliant trip report - it's great to hear that Meeru has gained even more satisfied customers!

Just the mention of the Asian Wok has sent my taste buds tingling. I wish I could whisk myself off there for a dangle and a sunset vino! Very Happy

My new found relaxation technique is simply to let my mind take itself off to Meeru and take a walk around the island, have a little paddle in that turquoise ocean followed by a glass of wine in the Uthuru. Bliss! Very Happy

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:12 pm Reply with quote
gailmail65
Thanks for your report. We will be there in around 6 weeks time!

Went in October and due to both being made redundant, decided to return for 2 weeks! (did 9 nights last time).

This will be a welcome break - before I put my mind to the dreaded 'return to work, plan'

[/url]

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
rickc
Thanks for the report. So many of us get such fun from reading about other people's trips which bring back so vividly our own experiences of Meeru...you can't beat it !!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Tropical Sam
The Meeru Bug returns!

Once you have it, you can never get rid of it!

Thank you for a lovely report, any photo's?? Wink

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports