Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » FAQ » Meeru over the festive period
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic 
Meeru over the festive period 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:25 am Reply with quote
gup1973
My husband and I have just to back from the travel agents. We have booked 2 weeks all inclusive in Meeru during christmas and new year (Dec05/Jan 06).

Of course we have spent hours looking at every website and review we can lay our hands on. The majority of them are great but they always seem to mention a visit during the summer. Can any one tell us what to expect weather, food, entertainment wise etc over the winter period?

I'm sure we will have loads more questions in the near future. Funny how you can be so sure about something, then you part with the best part of your yearly savings, THEN the practicle questions start popping into your head.

Many thanks in advance,

Jenn & Owen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Steve from Durham
Site Admin
Have seen a dvd someone sent me with xmas morning on with Santa arriving on a dhoni boat onto the beach opposite the Dhoni bar... and the staff singing xmas carols and trees etc done up in the festive spirit.... it looked very nice..

steve Very Happy
Christmas Period 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote
cherryb123
Hi we are also going for the 2 weeks of Christmas, only 140 days to go. You will probably get addicted to this site now you know about it! There's load of useful info and you can also check out Steves site at meeruisland.co.uk put your name down for his newsletter as it is also a useful source of information. I have enjoyed reading all the trip reports and as a result of the info given I have just bid for some beach shoes on ebay!
Look forward to meeting you

Brenda and Mark Cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:28 am Reply with quote
gup1973
Brenda & Mark

Wow only 140 days...haven't started counting yet. Was going to get the calander out at work the days today.

Even more excited now!

Jenn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:52 pm Reply with quote
maggie
Hi jen , owen, brenda and mark

we also are going for the xmas break.......14th Dec - 28th Dec........funny flight dates otherwise we would have booked for New year as well........we celebrated xmas / newyear on sun island 2 years ago. the gala's where brilliant... no expence spared ...very festive and full of good cheer....the new year was brought in with a superb fireworks display over the sea. whilst we all sat and drank cocktails on the beach........and danced till the early hours.....we can't wait for this years xmas holiday to come, as I am sure that Meeru will be brilliant as well.

I keep singing "where dreaming of a white sand christmas!" he he he

10 weeks and 3 days to go. and yes I am definitely counting.

have to meet up for xmas drinks

maggie Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
maggie
hi

just checking for ticker!

luv

maggie Smile

[/url]

bear with me as I am blonde,and am awaiting next vacation
[/url]
Meeru over the festive period