Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Our 5th visit
Our 5th visit 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
SUEC
We flew out 9th October for 14 nights for our 5th visit. This time we went with Etihad as Thomson's no longer fly direct from Manchester. Flight and crew were good but food not so good - very spicy and on 3 sectors out of the 4 our choice of main meal not available. On arrival at Male we had approx. 40min wait before speedboat was ready, waiting for other flights to come in.

We had e-mailed 2 weeks prior to ask if we could be accommodated in the higher 200's and got 250 which was excellent - just 15 steps and we were on the beach. In previous visits we had stayed in the water rooms, which we loved, but this year with retiring we decided not to pay the extra and go back down to the beach villas. We first stayed in these 6 years ago and they have now been renovated and are completely different inside. They have opened them up inside and put a large window on the back wall which makes the room very light. They also now have a mixture of 3 pin and 2 pin sockets - so lucky that we took an adaptor along as the socket by the dressing table and bed were 2 pin ( prev only been 3 pin uk style so no need to take adaptor). We were very happy with this room and when we visit again we will stick with the beach villas.

Our room 'boy' Mohammad looked after us very well, always asking us if everything was ok and did we need anything extra.

As previously the food was excellent and we have both put on a few pounds. This year we were in the Farivalhu restaurant and were a bit concerned about the children but they were no problem.

The weather this year was not as good as before but then we usually go at the end of November so we expected it to be a bit rainier. Out of the 14 days we only had 5 full days of sun the other days were a mix of sun, rain, sun and more rain. This did not effect our enjoyment as sometimes the rain was a relief from the hot sun !!!

We loved seeing all the new improvements since our last visit and especially loved the new Dhoni bar. This is where we spent all of our nights being looked after once again by Rana and team. We first met Rana on our very first visit and on every subsequent visit he has really made our holiday that bit special. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff they really look after you. Rana even remembers our drinks and room numbers from last visit.

Whilst there it was my birthday and Meeru do know how to make you feel special. When we arrived back at the room after breakfast the bed had been decorated with flowers in a heart shape and happy birthday spelt out. Then I had a phone call from guest services to wish me a happy birthday. During the afternoon a fruit platter and card was delivered to the room and then at dinner that evening our table was decorated with flowers and a lovely chocolate birthday cake , with 1 candle on it , was brought in. Really thoughtful of the management. My husband tried to take the credit for organising it but I knew better !!!!!!

Our days followed a similar pattern to before - a walk before breakfast weather permitting, a few hours sitting on the sunbeds outside the room taking in the beautiful view, lunch, infinity pool- with iced coffees, sleep, shower, dinner then drinks in the Dhoni bar. As you can see we didn't do much but that is what we wanted - a totally relaxed and chilled out holiday. This is what you get at Meeru and we are looking forward to our next visit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
sams
Lovely to read Meeru is just as great as always, it's been 2 years since were last there, and fingers crossed we will return some time in the future. Thanks for posting your trip report, it's always good to read how Meeru is and about any changes Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
karyn
It sounds like you enjoyed a fabulous birthday on Meeru.

We also loved the new Dhoni Bar.

Thanks for the report.

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Casey Jones
Thanks for the read on your latest trip Very Happy
I'm glad Rana is still knocking about, I still remember the bad head the following morning on one of my birthdays after a late night in the Pavillion bar!..a great bloke.

We are going to Kandolhu in June which is very small and intimate, but Meeru still has a pull on the heart strings being the first island we visited in the Maldives.

Casey Cool

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
camwil
HI Thanks for your Trip Report. You obviously had a great time. I do think it is the people who make the difference and that appears to come natural to the staff there! We have always stayed between 245-250 and we love it.
T&J
Our 5th visit 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports