Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » Fallen in love...
Fallen in love... 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
This was our first trip to Meeru (5-15th Feb) & I can honestly say we fell in love with it. If you want a holiday where you can just relax & do nothing, then this is definitely the place to go. We have come back feeling completely rested & chilled out.

We took the BA direct flight which lands on Thursday at 9.30am & by the time we had collected out luggage, we only waited 30 minutes for our transfer to the island.

Check-in was short (thankfully), we then went for lunch as our room would not be ready until 1pm. We had booked a water villa (beach front) & I had previously emailed a request for one around the 520 mark. We were given 519, which was brilliant (thanks Meeru for considering our request).

I have always wanted to go to what I call a paradise island & when you open those curtains every morning & all you can see is the beautiful clear water of the lagoon, the brilliant sunshine & turquoise sky, I knew I had found my paradise! To walk out of the villa & sink your feet into the fine white sand at 7am everyday with the temperature around 25 degrees at that time in the morning is glorious.

Our meals were taken in the Maalan restaurant which is superb. We were looked after by Ahmed for the duration, who was great. There are many superb dishes to choose from & they are beautifully cooked. If you like curries, then the Maldivian nights (Fridays) will be right up your street.

Lazy days were spent by swimming/snorkelling, walking through the island to various bars to enjoy a nice cold drink & to sit and watch the world go by.

Massage at the Duniye Spa was beautifully done & well worth 124 dollars.

We went on the Sunset Cruise one evening & were lucky enough to see some dolphins which was most enjoyable. We also "dangled at the Wok", a delightful way to watch the sun go down whilst having a cocktail before your evening meal.

It was lovely to meet up with Ann & Forbes for after dinner drinks at the Uthuru bar, where we had a chuckle as we put the world to rights.

All the staff we encountered were polite and everyone said "Hello" as you passed them, even the builders who we're busy building new staff quarters.

We had the most wonderful time on this holiday, Meeru is a fantastic place to go to & we must now start saving for our return trip.

Alison & Shaun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Lovely trip report, thank you Smile

It sounds like the Meeru bug has well and truly bitten Wink

Last edited by sams on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Another 1st timer smitten, we left the afternoon you arrived and had a fabulous time as well. A probable return next spring for us! Laughing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoyed reading your report. Glad you had a great holiday Laughing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Ann & Forbes
Hi Alison & Shaun
Great trip report, not at all surprised to read that you have got the Meeru bug, we kinda knew that you had found your special place and would be Meeru repeaters.
It was a real pleasure to meet you both and get to know you and yes we did have some giggles whilst downing a few of those wonderful cocktails, brilliant.
Hope you haven't got the Meeru blues and here's to our paths crossing again sometime in the future.
Ann & Forbes Laughing

Meeru February 2011, 2012 & 2014,
Komandoo October 2016 & 2017
Komandoo December 2018
Fallen in love... 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports