Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » live from Meeru Island Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Lee Frankham
Hi

As I thought, go to guest services and asked to me moved to the 700's.

They should do this with no question. We have found them to be very good at sorting issues.

Lee

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
lawrence&anne
Tracey gant wrote:
We stayed in the wjv 300's and an awful lot of Chinese were there too. So rude!!! Spitting into the sea and also just outside of restaurant whilst everyone was eating! John has written this on trip adviser. He isn't the only one. Its a shame. It was my first time to meeru and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Everyone was right saying it was paradise. Let's hope this isn't the start of meeru to come

Oh yes we have witnessed the spitting by the older Chinese wonen outside the pavilion bar on their way back to their roons. Not what we wanted to see!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Tracey gant
Do try and get moved. Its so sad that your holiday in such a beautiful place is being by these people. I do hope things improve for you

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:19 pm Reply with quote
colfen
Definately ask to move....its a hassle but will be well worth it! Let us know how you get on, and I hope you start having a better time!
update 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:16 am Reply with quote
lawrence&anne
We have just spoken to our rep and she advised us to bypass reception and speak to a lady called Marlene (I think thats her name).
The rep said she was sick of it!. Shes had so many complaints from guests over the last few months.
She pratacley begged us to speak to Marlene.
This morning we have witnessed a german couple being moved to another part if the island and overheard them say to the nember of staff about the Chinese and noise.
I will keep you all updated and thank you for you kind words.
Beautiful Island but ruined by other guests.
And so many other guests on the island now are complaining about noise and the chinese!
wishing we had never come here now!
Re: update 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
AlanB
lawrence&anne wrote:
We have just spoken to our rep and she advised us to bypass reception and speak to a lady called Marlene (I think thats her name).
The rep said she was sick of it!. Shes had so many complaints from guests over the last few months.
She pratacley begged us to speak to Marlene.
This morning we have witnessed a german couple being moved to another part if the island and overheard them say to the nember of staff about the Chinese and noise.
I will keep you all updated and thank you for you kind words.
Beautiful Island but ruined by other guests.
And so many other guests on the island now are complaining about noise and the chinese!
wishing we had never come here now!

Another option might be to asked to be moved to another island such as vilamendoo , I have not seen any reviews on trip advisor so far that there is any issues with Chinese guests ?.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
rickc
Yes. When we were last there I had the pleasure, when enjoying a nice cold beer before lunch, of having a Chinese bloke spitting directly in front of me as I sat down outside the Dhoni Bar. Nice !!

Surely something has to happen, especially in the light of the evergrowing evidence of complaints on the island. The lovely rep is on a hiding to nothing on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Lee Frankham
Unfortunately I cant see this changing. The Brits and Europeans are not going so they need to sell the rooms to someone.

I am sure Walter etc, are not happy either but don't see they have much choice.

I hate to see this happen to such a lovely place and it concerns me as this might stop us from returning.

Lee

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
rickc
Hi Lee. Is it fact that the Brits and Europeans are not going, or is that anecdotal? I remember hearing at the repeaters night that that group of visitors is still the dominant one on the island. Having said that, I find that hard to believe. I never thought I would say this, but for the first time we too are now in two minds whether to return. That says a lot I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Lee Frankham
Depending on time of year I would say it's fact. Last year at one of the repeaters night we were the only repeater on the whole island!

I am with you it is the first time in years I am thinking of if I go and not when!

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
rickc
Okay Lee. Plenty of repeaters when we were there in February, when we usually go.

Hopefully we will hear more soon from Lawrenceandanne that they have been moved to somewhere suitable.....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Lee Frankham
That is what I was saying Jan /Feb does not seem to be an issue as it is peak time. Last year we went late June Early July. seems to drop off from march onwards.

Lee

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
rickc
Well Lee, it WAS an issue in February. I reported after that trip, as have others, how the evening activity and entertainment was seriously affected as those 'other visitors' spent most of their evenings back in their rooms. They were there in sufficient numbers such that their absence meant that the bars were often almost empty later in the evening.

Starting to look in the direction of Thailand for the future.....

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Lee Frankham
All I can say is lets hope for an improvement. or maybe a trip to Villa is on the cards.

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Tracey gant
John has now been twice to meeru. February was my first time. He said that the menu was more geared towards the Chinese this time also. I must admit we have booked next Feb for komandoo
live from Meeru Island 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports