Meeru Island Resort Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports » New to maldives and meeru
New to maldives and meeru 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Hannie
Hi, my oh and I have just got back from our first trip to the Maldives and Meeru. We went to celebrate our 10th wedding anniverary.. I had been reading posts on here prior to going and it help me out a lot so I though I would post my trip report. Very Happy

So we booked through Monarch Holidays (part of cosmos holidays) as at the time were the cheapest. We booked Meeru because.. a) price and b)trip advisor rating. We Booked a beach jacuzzi villa, all inclusive.

We flew with etihad via Abu Dhabi due to flight times which suited us and must say how efficient they are at boarding and all our flights left on time or slightly earlier then scheduled.

When we arrived at Male Airport, we were hit by the lovely warm breeze And the glorious blue sky. We waited about an hour for the boat transfer. We loved the fact that, that was the last time we saw our suitcases until we reached our villa. Check in was swift and the cold towel and fruit punch were very much welcomed. I also loved the fact that as soon as we disembarked I saw the 'famous' heron!

We were upgraded for one night to a water front villa which we liked. The next day we changed to the beach jacuzzi villa without any hassle. We were in the high 600's and again loved the villa and location.

Our waiter was Masood in the Malaan restraurant. Very attentive and wonderful at his job, in fact all the staff were. We ate too much everyday (I loved the young smiley chef at the live cooking station, so polite and loved watching him juggle all the pots & pans) and drank pretty much all the cocktails on the all inclusive list. Yum yum yum. Ooo so was the ice coffee's which surprised us as we don't drink coffee normally.

The beach was stunning so were the fish. It was my first time snorkelling and spend many hours on the rocks. We had a Go pro camera (hero 3) which is an excellent underwater camera. We also did the house reef which was fantastic.

The sunset cruise was brilliant and we managed to see Dolphins leaping and spinning. AMAZING.

We upgraded our free 15min massage at the overwater spa and all I can say is everything was amazing. Loved looking at the water below whilst having a massage....so relaxing.

On the day of our anniversary we got a fruit platter and card wishing us a happy anniversary from the staff and our roomboy decorated our bed with petals. It was so hard clearing it to get into bed. What a lovely gesture from Meeru and made our anniversary even more special.

We ate at the Asian wok in the evening of our anniversary, again lovely food and hospitality. Think we spent more time standing up watching the Sharks and sting ray then sitting at our table.

In all it was a lovely second honeymoon (well I never got a first one!). The whole place was stunning and the staff so friendly. Everyone said hello to you. Can't believe there were 620 guests on Valentine night (according to waiter) yet the beach seemed so empty. It definitely felt like a desserted Island.
I can now understand why people Keep going back. I didn't want to leave.
Everything ran smoothly and was so organised from check in to checkin out. It was the best holiday we been on so far.

Will return one day for sure.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Ian & Jo
Thanks for posting, It's always nice to read other peoples experiences.
Glad you had a great time.

Ian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Polly & adrian
Oh wow - what a busy time you had on Meeru. I bet you could do with a rest now you are back.
A great report. Thank you for taking to time to write and post.

It will not be long before your next visit, beware the Meeru bug has some new victims.

Polly & Adrian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
JoanneLorna
Thank you for posting a first visit trip report. Your descriptions really struck a cord with my memorises of our first visit. Meeru is very special for Ian and me and it makes me feel really happy to read that someone else loves it so much too.

As a recent returner, please keep posting as you'll be able to answer questions that require recent knowledge

Jo Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:49 pm Reply with quote
ivorfatarse
Nice to hear Masood is still there,he's been our waiter a few times now. Top man! Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Bet you book again! Laughing

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
Hannie
Thank you, yes very tempting to book again but maybe in a couple of years time Razz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:55 am Reply with quote
sunny Ray
You now have the Meeru Bug. it wont be long before you start to pine and want to go back. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
rickc
Thanks for posting Hannie. Always much appreciated by so many returnees and first timers alike. You WILL go back....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Janster
There's only one cure for the Meeru blues. You will be back.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Jan x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Shanksy
Thank you

Our bed was decorated when we arrived and I took several photos before destroying the display Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Tulalula
Hi all Meeruvians ..Just booked my first holiday to Meeru for next March..Beach villa and was going to request mid 200s after research it looks nice spot !...any offers of advice pls ?? We like a nice close beach and not too far from bar?
regards Denise and Kay

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
Kath
Hi Tulalula,
We have stayed in the 200's before (230) which we found really nice. We've requested up into the 250's this time as it's closer to the pavilion bar which we liked. If we don't get it tho, it won't be an issue, for us, any of those are in a good location. We head back to Meeru tomorrow so I'll let you know 😄
Just a tip, you've posted in the Trip Reports section so maybe your post won't get as many views. You'll probably find all information you would find most handy in the General Discussion section of this forum.
Great that you've all this to look forward to, your excitement levels will rise the more you read! Laughing
Kath

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:38 am Reply with quote
Shanksy
Tulalula wrote:
Hi all Meeruvians ..Just booked my first holiday to Meeru for next March..Beach villa and was going to request mid 200s after research it looks nice spot !...any offers of advice pls ?? We like a nice close beach and not too far from bar?
regards Denise and Kay

Most people who go to Meeru will tell you THEIR villa is the best - mine included....you are never very far from the beach and you are never very far from a bar. Unless you are 190 and cant walk far in which case I'm not sure you'd be travelling to the Maldives in the first place wherever you end up you won't go wrong. There is a map which shows you where all the bars and the villas actually are but since it takes about 45 mins at a leisurely place to walk round it's really not that big. It can however take 5 and a half hours if you stop at all the bars Wink you will love it wherever you end up Very Happy We've stayed in the water villas twice now and hope to do so again. If funds don't permit it we will ask for a Land Villa near to the Pavillion Bar but that's just our preference. Best views of the sunrise are on that side of the island and sunset on the west side. There will be others that tell you they'd prefer to be on the west side. My advice go with the flow and explore then you can decide where YOU want to be next time.

[/url]

Meeru; October 2007, February 2015, May 2016, September 2018

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
shakira22
thanks for info

New to maldives and meeru 
  Meeru Island Resort Forum Index » Trip Reports